Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 It Is Now Up To The PA Hunters >

It Is Now Up To The PA Hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

It Is Now Up To The PA Hunters

Old 01-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: It Is Now Up To The PA Hunters

It is going to get worse from the vibes I'm hearing from the locals. Posted signs going up every 20 feet apart some like 30 feet up on the trees so people dont tear them down. On wedneday night there was a fight at a local bar down the road. I ask the local cop what started the fight. He said one guy had a doe tag pinned on his hunting jacket. And another guy called him a name for helping to kill all the doe. I fight started ,which ended up in to a brawl. 7 arrested and injuries. One trucked torched.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:56 AM

Hey Cardeer how have you been Bud? Sad to think of what might take place, over being accused of being a Doe Hunter.My Neckless worked again this Year! SAD!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 AM

I can drive around the back roads and some well traveled roads in this area right now and show you several camps that have their windows busted out, the doors kicked in, snow filled living rooms,etc. that belong to flatlanders whom normally have a few does hanging up in the fall hunting seasons.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:17 AM

I think what is going on here is we have a lot of pissed off locals.
I would hope other hunters would not be doing this.

You have to remember that alot of these locals can barely make ends meet when it comes to an income. They rely on deer meat in the freezer as their main food sorce for meat. Now they can't get meat to feed their family.

Now you have pissed off locals !!!

My grandfather told me years ago on my first trip to the mountains hunting;

Be nice to the local people.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Locals are mad because deer are there main food source? We are no longer in cave man days. The cabins being burned down is another fine examples of PA hunters. I live in PA we started putting land in QDM. People were complaining about that. Well maybe that is why i saw 103 deer and passed on 19 small buck. It seems like there is always issues in PA. Now its the second turkey stamp. In April it will be the trout are to little. I used to be proud to be PA sportsmen. But each year that goes by I become more ashamed because how everyone acts. I also hunted game lands up in northern PA the first Saturday. We had 7 buck out with 12 guys. Guess how many hunters we saw? 2 I dont think there is 1.6 million deer in PA. But I think there is a good amount of deer. The topic It is now up to the PA hunters is correct. We need to do so in a professional way.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

I agree!

Check out the post by Mossybingo, there is a junior hunter who list a total of 5 deer taken. There in itself lies the problem, shooting too many deer just for the sake of shooting deer! My question is how can you get a 5 tags?

As long as PA doesn't have manadtory deer checking there will be people who take more than the limit.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

locals vs flatlanders?Funny I see locals accuse flatlanders of killing the doe yet in our neck of the woods the locals are the ones getting busted for poaching.The locals I know of are complaining because flatlanders are shooting the few doe left and making it harder to poach.They actually have to work on it.I'm not putting all the locals in one basket just giving examples for my area in 2G.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:56 AM

Bowtech9, In addition to the 2 Doe Tags that you can apply for, One can also obtain DMAP Tags at a Cost of $6.00 a Piece. One DMAP Tag for each section of State Forest in the State. If my memory is correct, one Hunter could possibly obtain 27 or 28 DMAP Tags, if he has the Time to Hunt in each of the State Forests.The DMAP Tags are only Legal to be used in a Very Narrow section of Land, contained in the State Forest Boundaries.One Tag, for each Section.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:49 PM

Bowtech9,

I hunt in 3D and this year, I had 3 doe permits, 1 regular, and 2 DMAPS for a total of six. I hunt the ML, Archery, and rifle seasons and this year, I only took one doe. I would have liked a few more but it didn't happen. Maybe this year will be different.

LOL
Old 01-31-2005, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

If thats the case then the Game Commission is nuts! it appears its all about the mighty dollar. Sell unlimted tags who cares if they go filled or not.

Quick Reply: It Is Now Up To The PA Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.