Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NJ Hunters: Who do you use for your taxidermy work? >

NJ Hunters: Who do you use for your taxidermy work?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ Hunters: Who do you use for your taxidermy work?

Old 01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NJ Hunters: Who do you use for your taxidermy work?

I use George Dante Jr. owner of "WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS" he is located in Totowa, NJ. He does great work on all game and fish. He will soon be done with my full body mount NJ Black Bear !!!!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NJ Hunters: Who do you use for your taxidermy work?

I used to use Jimmy Dowd out of Lake Hopatcong but he seems to be into doing fish more then deer. He did 2 heads for me and they look great but he started to get a bit greedy last year so I didn't use him. I was recomended to a newer guy named Joe Cicchino out of Denville. I checked out some of his work and it looked real good! I am getting my 9 point back from him this weekend. It took him over a year to finish but I broke the tips off 2 of the tines with a 00Buck shot so he had some extra work to do! I also didn't get it to him until mid December so I was way down the list! I'd rather wait for quality then have a rush job done. I'll let you know how it looks this weekend....Jim
Old 01-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here as far as bein on the bottom of the list. I took my NJ bear on the last day... 12-13-03, should have it back in 2 or 3 weeks, well over a year, but quality first no rushing
Old 01-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Barattas-I think he`s still in Collingswood.He did my 8 pointer back in `97,it still looks good.
I wanted to take 2 hooded Mergansers to him in Nov. before I went to the Adks for a deer hunting trip,but I couldn`t get ahold of him.So I took them up to my dermist in N.Y.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:59 PM

i just brought my 8 pt to a guy named mike in west milford i dont know his last name. my dads brother in law has been goin to him for awhile and his work is great.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

Same here as far as bein on the bottom of the list. I took my NJ bear on the last day... 12-13-03, should have it back in 2 or 3 weeks, well over a year, but quality first no rushing
I'd love to see it when you get it back. Post a pic or 2 if you can! I agree with the no rush! I feel better that it took him longer and he didn't rush it.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Jim Dowd did my 8 pt last year,That I shot out of Rockaway.He did a nice job charged like 450. I met the other guy from Denville at Roys house.(my butcher who also does a fantastic job).
I gave him a cape of a roadkill monster i picked up,He told me how to do a Texas skull mount,I'd give him my bussiness next yeay if i'm lucky enough to get a wall hanger.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I will post some pics when I get it back
Old 01-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Jim Dowd did my 8 pt last year,That I shot out of Rockaway
Do you have any pics of the 8 from Rockaway? I live in Rockaway and have seen some good bucks around...Where did you get him? If it's a secret I understand...LOL....Jim
Old 01-27-2005, 06:52 PM

Hi Joe,I use a guy in Penn. His shop is Delaware & Hudson Taxidermy www.dandhtaxidermy.com He did a 8 ptr. for me last year & a 9 ptr. for me this year.He felt bad telling me he had to raise $$$ to 390.00.Very nice guy (David Clark). Found out about him from guys I know who hunt canada and Illinois.He takes around 6-8 monthsfor a deer head.

PETE'S ARCHERY SERVICE

Quick Reply: NJ Hunters: Who do you use for your taxidermy work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.