Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 restrict archery lol >

restrict archery lol

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

restrict archery lol

Old 01-25-2005, 05:51 PM

Default RE: restrict archery lol

ORIGINAL: cuernos1

Many PA hunters who complain need to pay a few dollars and experience other states. Once one has had the opportunity to see how a program like Alt's works in other areas the whining will cease... So far, I have had the great fortune to hunt GA, AL, NC,OH, PA, MO, UT, WY, and CA. After going to all these places I learned that we in PA were way backwards in our overall approach to hunting and game management.

You failed to mention WEST VIRGINIA. What do you think about there rules and regulations and the slaughtering of does within their state? How about the 9-10 deer allowed by their DNR?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:59 PM

thankyou muzzyman
You see the point.

Sorry mossy i dont follow wv to much i hear they have a bad system there
thou
Old 01-25-2005, 06:29 PM

Can somebody tell me what the percentage of archers to gun hunters there is, I'd really like to know. I personally try tagging a doe 1st because I could then be a little more selective on my buck. But let me ask you this, if they reduce the numbers of doe tags handed out, and I'm not one of the fortunate few to be drawn, does that mean I can't hunt archery that year????? Or do archers get 1st crack at doe tags?? How do you think that will fly with "Just gun hunters"?

I know there are many reasons a lot of people don't bow hunt, but if we're taking a lot of the "good" bucks, why not take up archery? The weather is better, you see deer in their natural element, and usually the rut starts right about the last week or so of archery season. Not to mention, a little more skill is involved (and luck).

If I'm guaranteed a doe tag, I would be more than happy to tag a doe 1st. RIGHTTTTTTT!!!!!! Like that will happen.

And Muzzyman, I can appreciate you guys who trophy hunt, but I truly love the taste of venison.But am I gonna shoot an 80 pound doe just for the sake of filling the freezer, or tagging it so I can shoot my buck, nada. Besides, how much meat can an 80 pounder give ya, 20 pounds of sausage, that's what.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

And there you have it arrowchucker. To each their own. I didn't say there was anything wrong with hunters who like the taste of venison. I like it too, and a nice big does usually tasts better anyway. I'll take my doe, no problem. I just like the thrill and challenge of trying to get close to a mature whitetail with a bow.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:08 PM

Nor did I take offense
Old 01-27-2005, 02:57 AM

deer meat good fillmy tummy
Old 01-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just out of curiousity, is there anyone else who would be totally happy with just having one doe tag and a buck tag?

As for the original intent of this post, I must agree somewhat. I do not understand why archers are targeted for loss of priveleges when we are repeatedly told that we do not drastically impact the number of deer taken. If too many deer are being taken then it would seem logical to reduce either the number of doe tags issued or shorten the rifle season for does.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

My opinion is no matter whether you shorten gun season or make the archers take a doe first, AR's aren't going to work. The only way you can make AR's work and grow trophy bucks and it didn't seem to matter how many doe there were in the other states that I have hunted, is to restrict the size in inches. e.g. you're not allowed to shoot a buck under 115".
Old 01-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

On Frank's question. I would be more than happy with one doe and one buck tag. I just don't understand why some feel the need to purchase and kill as many deer as they get licenses for. I don't know too many people these days that really "need" the meat.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank, i for one with be perfectly happy with one doe tag and one buck tag.

Quick Reply: restrict archery lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.