Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 restrict archery lol >

restrict archery lol

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

restrict archery lol

Old 01-24-2005, 06:02 PM

Default restrict archery lol

wingbar and others thinking that its unfair is on crack
do america a faver and put down the glass tube and
It would be unfair to make archers earn a buck and no one
else . comon think
The doe's arent getting bred if we kill the buck
but yeah make us kill a doe first wow some good crack you
have there bud. It hard for a dead doe to get bred right?
must be you are to lazy to learn the sport and go out and
do it so lets complain about it.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default RE: restrict archery lol

Dude, wingbar, chickory and several others never put in any constructive words it is the same stuff I hear in my local VFW back home...Had I listened to that trash long ago, I would still be sitting on that bar stool...

Many PA hunters who complain need to pay a few dollars and experience other states. Once one has had the opportunity to see how a program like Alt's works in other areas the whining will cease... So far, I have had the great fortune to hunt GA, AL, NC,OH, PA, MO, UT, WY, and CA. After going to all these places I learned that we in PA were way backwards in our overall approach to hunting and game management. While in many of those other states, I witnessed many different programs, but one thing remains clear, carrying capacity... Those other states try very hard to keep the population down and the quality of deer up... That is all Alt was trying to do. In states where we see large populations of deer we also see CWD and other problems that are far worse than changing ones hunting habits.

We also see land prices go up due to the better hunting potential of the land.... I like that... I bought that farm years ago and if the rules change back it is a sub-division and I am off for a better place with the $$$....

What is the definition of insanity== doing the same thing and expecting different results...
Old 01-24-2005, 06:35 PM

I witnessed many different programs, but one thing remains clear, carrying capacity... Those other states try very hard to keep the population down and the quality of deer up... That is all Alt was trying to do.
That is what the PGC has been trying to do since 1980 when the OWDD goals were implemented. But, Alt got AR, the concurrent seasons and extened anterless season in SRA counties and the herd increased to an all time record of 1.6 M PS deer and we had zero herd reduction since Alt was appointed.

So can you please explained what Alt accomplished in the 4 years he was the deer czar?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:51 PM

CURNOS1
I hope we NEVER have a moster buck state
IF you think it is trash talk well i dont give a crap
what you hear at a vfw is a bunch of drunks complaing for
something to do as they sit there and drink and gambel there money away
I wasnt complaing either
what other states have fenced deer with big racks hand feed
High land prices and taxes yea i want that in pa you may want to
stay out of the vfw
alt s plan sucked when the going got tough he bailed cause thiings didnt go his way kidda like you if they dont do what i want i am subdiveing and selling WHOOPE
we dont need moster bucks
I started this thread as a totaly diffrent thread thou
Make archery earn a buck but yet they want to talk about fairness
sorry if it offends you but that thinking someone is on CRACK!!!
The doe's dont get to get bred well archers dont kill all the bucks
but yea lets make us kill a doe then a buck yea the doe will get bred then
I see there thinking now
IF theymake me kill a doe IT WILL BE A BUTTON BUCK [:-]
ITs fair to make archers kill a doe first and nobody else
Old 01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't really see the problem with earning a buck tag by tagging out a doe first.

Moreso than earning a buck tag, I advocate "earning" doe tags. It's senseless to allow guys to buy 5 doe tags, which may never be filled, then guesstimate at the harvest rate of unreported tags. Why not simply force a hunter to file a report card accompanied by a follow-up application for another doe license.

We then have near 100% reporting and the antiquated doe license system goes to the wayside. Successful hunters will be able to kill does up to the desirable harvest levels, at which point the doe harvest could be stopped.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as we are talking carrying capacity of the land.Here in Crawford county the P.A.G.C. says land is 50% forested & 50 % open ,so by using there numbers & goals of 12d.p.f.s.m. we should execpt 1 deer for every 106.6 acers.So if you are on stand and you see that big doe and her two fawns you better try to kill her cause chances are slim to none that you will be seeing anything else in that area.If it takes 100 plus acers to grow one 150 lb deer beef farmers are in trouble.These goals are to low.The only thing that has come from Dr.Alts plan is infighting amongst the very people he needed to support his plan.Stop passing the blame and start planning on how to get your hunting areas to where they should be.Buy the land and post if you think deer numbers are down.Or open it up to all doe slayers you know if you think a good doe is a dead doe.But don't go out and bitch about how someone who has a differant hunting style than you spends thier hunting time or money.[:'(]
Old 01-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Spike

Good Point bawanajim... So, the crux of the matter is the definition of land or carrying capacity...?? If that is the definition used then it appears that is what is needing change. Not the whole program. Kinda like making a cake. If we change all the ingredients we could get a really bad taste. But one variable at a time makes subtle changes in the mix... Sounds like that could work....

Do not care how all hunt.. Doesn't matter to me...But then the game laws would need to be changed so that I could have someone arrested for trespassing and then procecute them... Here in PA that is damn near impossible.. If I pay the taxes and make the food plots and do the work then it should be mine...I agree, but when I call the Game commission and they tell me to call the police and they come whenever, there may be a problem with this one too...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

CUERNOS1 Tresspassing is nothing to be tolerated If you are on your land and and find un unwelcome guest call 911 and have them arrested on the spot ,it will be up to you to press charges but it must be done if these jerks don't know what keep out means.A cell phone & a small camera should always be in your pocket.don't put your self in danger if they will not ID them selves take a pic. of their back when they walk away ie licence # or of thier face to ID them later.Then go find their truck and take a pic. of the plates.The best thing about owning The land is you will have the final say of whos welcome and whos not. The deer are not are enemies.The tree huggers are.
For a Quote of the day hows this.
"[:'(]Plow up the golf courses and plant corn it will save our forests"
Old 01-25-2005, 05:16 PM

I just dont understand the problem with archery.
Alot of pa hunters complain not enough deer.
but yet you want archers to kill a doe to earn a buck
What is the point is my question
CURionos sorry if my typing spelling is bad
NOT all can type and or spell well
For the most part many archers can kill a doe easy but myself
i dont in archery
But if the law make me i will spike a button buck the first day
I dont much care the farmer next to me could use the meat
he has 8 kids so.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

bowhunt, I agree with what this post was originally about. Somehow, it got turned into a carrying capacity thread. It always seems the archers are the first one targeting by many. Why? We take a very small percentage of the overall harvest each year. Most who bowhunt also gun hunt. I for one only trophy hunt regardless of gun or bow. I don't see the need or get the satisfaction out of killing a "legal enough" buck. I choose to let them walk. Heck, I didn't even kill a buck last year. Opportunities? Plenty! Just nothing I wanted to take.

Most of the guys yelling about the archers are those who hunt 90% with a gun. I'd be suprised any of these had ever picked up a bow and headed to the woods to truely appreciate hunting.

Quick Reply: restrict archery lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.