Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Potential Pennsylvania record w/ a Bow. (Pics) >

Potential Pennsylvania record w/ a Bow. (Pics)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Potential Pennsylvania record w/ a Bow. (Pics)

Old 01-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Potential Pennsylvania record w/ a Bow. (Pics)

Ok, PAhunter21

I'm not bustin' your rocks or anything but you said it was taken a few minutes from your house but you don't know what town or area in Allegheny. Seems odd. Are you brand new to the area?
Let me retract my statement of it being shot a couple minutes from my house.

lnitially I though the deer was shot in Elizabeth TWP (south of the city), which is where I live and where the person that took the deer owns land. After talking with the hunter's wife again and reading an article, and another msg board on the net, it turns out that they were hunting a friend's land that is within the city limits, which livbucks, i'm sure you are aware, stretch pretty far around the actual city.

I moved to Allegheny County within the last year but was born and raised in Beaver county, only a hop and a skip away from the city. Unfortunatly i'm very familiar with all areas surrounding/in the city as well as the unbearable traffic that clogs the highways like a 300lb bacon lover's heart.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got it now..
Old 01-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Spike

Did anyone notice that non of the real complainers have said anything about how this deer is a fluke, or was possibly a hint of the Alt plan or anything...Kinda makes ya wonder..
Old 01-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did anyone notice that non of the real complainers have said anything about how this deer is a fluke, or was possibly a hint of the Alt plan or anything...Kinda makes ya wonder..
I think you need to ellaborate on what you are tryin to say.... Not quite following you.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think he (or she) is trying to say that the Alt haters are being quiet when a big PA buck is shown. That it might prove that Alt was right and they don't want to confront that. However - it doesn't prove anything. There have been big bucks before Gary Alt was around. This is not going to turn into an Alt thread so I'm dropping it. Awesome buck and I'd love to hear more about it.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:19 PM

boy tell you what that deer and the other deer shown on this post are awesome
Old 01-22-2005, 12:34 PM

thats a great deer for PA
Old 01-23-2005, 08:41 AM

What's this talk of metal tags? Do different counties issue different tags? Up here in Warren county, we have a paper tag (gold or pewter) that we attach to their ear. I've only ever hunted deer in Warren county, so excuse me if it seems a stupid question.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do different counties issue different tags? Up here in Warren county, we have a paper tag (gold or pewter) that we attach to their ear.
No, Pennsylvania backtags are uniform... Adult liscenses were gold in color this year... you can see on the buck that everybody is questioning, a gold tag underneath the green tape.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Tag must be attached to the ear, not the rack.
See page 43 of the Pa. hunting & trapping digest.

Quick Reply: Potential Pennsylvania record w/ a Bow. (Pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.