Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone near Albany, NY or Rutland, VT?? >

Anyone near Albany, NY or Rutland, VT??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone near Albany, NY or Rutland, VT??

Old 01-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone near Albany, NY or Rutland, VT??

ORIGINAL: pjarrows

ORIGINAL: messenger516

Im serious. I have no problem having someone come to take a bear on my property. Im cool like that! I wish everone can have the experiences that i have with bears.

I would be totaly into that! Do you do alot of hunting? about how many bears do you see a year durring hunting season? Lets hook up and do some 3D's this summer.
PJ,

Looks like I will be getting back into 3D this summer..........looking for a new bow right now to replace my slow PSE and will be joining Sportmens Club of Clifton Park in February so I will have access there. Hopefully we will bump into eachother.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Rick,

I look foward to shooting some 3D'sthis summer.

You will have to keep me posted on any upcomming 3D's your club will be hosting.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:27 PM

RICK JAMES, 1st what to click to have someone elses quote come up. 2nd i 3d shoot all year long every sunday in surrounding counties. u wanna go 3d, we can do that. 3rd i see roughly 2-3 dozen bears a season depending on how often i go hunting. No bait i just know where they den and where they feed. I hunt one spot next to a trout hatchery and i see many. I get one every year but i like having people share the same experiences as i do. good story, this past season i was out opening day of rifle i sat on top a steep ledge overlooking hardwoods. about 3oclock i heard something down below. There was a bear coming out of its den about 30-40 feet under me and going down to the bottom. Then another one came out, then another one, then finally one more. It was a sow and three cubs straight down from me. It was awsome until momma started walking back up to the top, stopped and woofed to the cubs and they all started coming up towards me. They had no idea i was there but i was sitting on there path, on the ground. They got about 50 yards from me before i had to grab a saplin tree and shake it saying git bear git. it figures bear season didnt start till 5 days after the start of deer. I know I know its illigal to shoot a sow with cubs, no intention. anyway every time i see a bear its always as intense as the first. Sow was about 300-325 but its uncommon for them to have 3 cubs.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Spike

good story messanger i like hunting bear also but none around oswego ny area and its hard to hunt areas that you never seen. and those bear are fun to stalk and hunt
Old 02-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

anyone else out there from around here?

Lets get a group together for some 3D's
Old 02-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pjarrows

anyone else out there from around here?

Lets get a group together for some 3D's
I am definately into this. I have to get my Patriot here finally, I ordered last week and it is supposed to be in the mail now on it's way here. Once I get it and have J-Tech get a new string on it and a peep served in, I then need to get it sighted in at the local sportsmans club. Then I will PM you and maybe we can meet up at some point so I can get aquainted with this thing and see how it shoots. I also have 2 dozen Gold Tip XT shafts that I have to make the time to throw on a fletching jig soon. Where are you shooting this time of year?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Rick,

Right now I am only shooting indoors but would like to shoot some 3D's soon maybe even some indoor.

The Wife and I are having our first baby soon so for a few weeks I will be busy she already told me that I can sneak away for some shooting if I would like. Let me know when you get all squared away with your new set up.

Paul
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 AM

Hi Rick , That Wheeler cabin you spoke of would'nt be Ed's would it ? I'm originally from Granville , but lived in Rutland , Pittsford , and Brandon in my time . Real nice country . Have you pulled up the Rutland Herald lately . Isee there haveing a real bad problem with the deer herd up there .
Old 02-17-2005, 08:52 AM

i have a camp in rutland vt. inthe mnts. lol maybe we could hunt some time privet property deer bear moose(cant hunt) and alot of upland game birds