Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 My muzzleloader buck >

My muzzleloader buck

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My muzzleloader buck

Old 01-09-2005, 01:30 PM

Default My muzzleloader buck

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post a pic of my buck I got on 01/04/05 with muzzloader. I shot this buck after being in my stand for 9 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Was the shortest hunt of my life. I have pics from in the woods also, but haven't got them developed yet. I know how we like pics from IN the woods.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:34 PM

Default RE: My muzzleloader buck

nice buck..what's that yellow thing..looks like a rd line painter wnet beserk.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Thx. The yellow thing is a slide. My kids nailed it to the tree and slide down it onto the trampoline.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the fine buck. How's ol Rack been doing? Havn't talked to him in a very long time.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:50 PM

he's doin o.k. I guess. He's been busy building his house. He did'nt get out much this year. Probably only hunted a few times.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:16 PM

That's one heck of a high rack on that buck. Nice deer!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on a fine buck.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:10 PM

should have told the story, I'm lame.
All started about 2 weeks ago. I had a nice high 3 pointer come in and I decided to pass him up. His rack was nice, but it will be alot better. I couldn't believe how high it was though. The next few times I hunted, I only saw some does. The wind wasn't co-operating very well. About a week later, I'm in the stand again, and I hear some deer off my right shoulder. I stretch around to see 4 mature does. They work their way behind me and then to my left. So at this time, I'm looking to my left watching these deer. While hanging in some scrub oak to my left, I say to myself, there's got to be a buck with them. I knew the second rut had started. Well guess what..I turn my head to the right and low and behold, there he is. Standing there, looking at me, 7 yards to my right at like 1:30 position. This deer is also a 3 pointer, from what I could see, and he has a real high rack, just like the one I passed up a week aog, but much higher. We have a stare down for what seems like 15 minutes. I won!! Atleast the staredown I won. He finally moves. To my right! Crap!!! Ever try to shoot right handed at 9:00 position without switching to left hand?? I did....I missed that deer. I was soooo upset. I felt that was it, ruined my spot and chances at that stand. I had put in like 30 to 40 hours. So, a buddy of mine, that doesn't get to hunt that much ( really just doesn't put in enough effort) but anyway, asks if he can hunt it. Like a week later, on Thursday, he hunts it. He see's nothing at all. Now I'm sure my spot is ruined. Not only did he hunt that Thursday, but the wind was all wrong to hunt it. Well, I didn't give up. 5 days later, on Tuesday, I hunt the stand. I got in at 2:20. At 2:25, 3 does come. I saw them about 30 yards through a pocket in the woods. I watched them come my way, then looked back at the pocket. There he was. He was coming. Folks, I have had buck fever before, but I got buck malaria that day. The deer came in and presented me with a 12 yard broadside shot, wide open. I couldn't pull the trigger!! I was shaking sooooo bad, and I believe I was hyper-ventilating. I was freaking out!! The buck took a couple steps forward, and now no shot available. He takes a couple more steps. I now have a second 12 yard, broadside, wide open shot. I can't pull the trigger. I did everything in my power to stop shaking. Just couldn't do it. The buck now turns, facing away from me. He takes a couple steps and turns broadside again. He's now like 14 yards, standing there. The guns pattern at this time is a clock-wise pattern with jolts!!! I knew if I couldn't pull the trigger this time, he would walk away. I let her rip. I ended up shooting this buck 100% in the spine. A half inch higher, and I would have missed. Well, hope you enjoy the story.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates on the bucky
Old 01-09-2005, 04:21 PM

NJ or PA muzzleloader?

Quick Reply: My muzzleloader buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.