Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Best Day Ever w/Pic >

Best Day Ever w/Pic

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Best Day Ever w/Pic

Old 01-02-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Best Day Ever w/Pic

Hey guys, and a happy and healthy New year to all!!! I have been very fortunate to hunt in multiple states and Canada. I think today was the best day I have ever spent in the field. I took my 4 yr. old out for a short small game hunt this morning. We had the best time. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever had a better experience. The excitement that exuded from him on Friday when I told him he was coming, to the laughter after the hunt sipping hot cocoa in front of the wood stove, was more priceless than any high dollar hunt I've ever been on. I wouldn't trade today for anything. I thought I'd share that with you and remind everyone that it is our youth that is the most important component of our outdoor endeavors.
Thanks.
Jim B.

Old 01-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Day Ever w/Pic

Very cool my boy is allso 4.I am very glade to see more dads taking there youg boys and girls hunting. this will lead to a long life hunter.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:13 PM

Thanks alot... It troubles me to see so much bickering amongst the ranks. Courts in my home state closed bear season this year. If they can do that, the upcoming potential Governor, with very thick pockets, would gladly entertain eliminating all hunting.
What kind of bow is that, your boy is shooting?
Happy New Year!
Jim B.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Started all 3 of mine around that age. Congrats on your day! Its great when they can actually hunt, but that early age is just magical!!

Enjoy it all you can. He'll be all grown up before you know it!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's nice to see someone enjoying the hunting experience and writing a positive post to share it!!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:04 PM

Jsmes,

Thats excellent...im 16 years old and my father let me tag along before i was 3...never missed a day out in the woods or on the water...from my personal experience i think its the best thing you can do for a young boy/girl...keeps them out of trouble which i have learned along the way...gives them a great respect and love for the outdoors and it gives them a lifelong hobby and passion...nothing beats a day of hunting whether you harvest and animal or not its always a success...keep taking him out with you and you will have a good buddy to go with for the rest of your life...only problem is (that my dad claims) is that i get to be a pain in the a$$ because im always wanting to go hunting or he can never get me ouit of the woods...i guess its not a real bad problem to have tho huh?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:08 PM

Also had a very nice bear walk past me bout 15 yards away during the 6 day firearm...if teh bear hunt was on he might have ebeen at the taxedermist now...but that wud have been quite a drag out of the woods..
Old 01-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

JSMes It is a just a cheep GOLDEN EAGLE brave. I made a short string for it so he could draw the bow and slowly make it longer. At the monent i beleave he could kill an ant at 1 full yard but he sure dose like to shoot with dad.It was hard to find something that short of draw shorting the string helped :}
Old 01-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, you could never deny that boy's yours! looks just like pop!

congrats on a good season, i've got 3 boys and i i know how youre feelin, best thing in the world!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Neat,cool, farout he is a spitting image

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.