Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CT hunting

Old 01-02-2005, 04:33 PM

Default CT hunting

is there any CT hunters out there
Old 01-02-2005, 06:10 PM

Default RE: CT hunting

yes
Old 01-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt early bow season. I'm from Ma. I hunt Canaan primarily.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:27 AM

Do you hunt state or private land.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Spike

Hi,

I hunt private and public land in Hartford and Litchfield.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt private as well. Bad season this year. Locals caught a guy poaching from NY. I walked into a field I hunt and there were 6 dead doe.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Spike

Sorry to hear that. I have seen / heard of poaching in the area I hunt, people in the field at night (hit and run at 3:00 AM), misusing tags and the like. I'd ask where are the game wardens but I haven't seen one in years.

Oh well, time to enjoy the snow.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am going to try to find some new areas to hunt in the Canaan area. I am going to have to go door to door and indure the torture of the anti's yelling at me and slamming doors in my face! Oh well, if I can get one spot out of it I will be very happy.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Spike

Good luck in looking. I found that door to door is a hard sell or maybe I am a lousy salesman. You might get lucky but I found that showing up just before season is a losing approach. I have found that it takes persistance and luck. I hunt a private piece now and make sure I see the owner and his wife every chance I get to keep the relationship going. I have access to another piece adjacent to state land where the owner allows me trespass during season if I am legal on the state land (it took 3 years to get that). I am working on a couple of more. One I will get in the next couple of years (friend of my wife) and one I might just fall into (my vet loves venison) and does some large animal work.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:05 PM

Hey Rob, where are you from? I hunt the Eastern part of the state, I have some private land, and I also hunt on state land from time to time. -- Van

Quick Reply: CT hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.