Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Thompson Park Hunt >

Thompson Park Hunt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Thompson Park Hunt

Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thompson Park Hunt

Lifehog

Saw nothing on opening day at the park, and had guys all around me. Actually had buckshot come wizzing by me...you could hear it hitting the brush just in front of me. Needless to say I saw nothing and moved my stand that afternoon to another part of the park...

Took a shot at one yesterday but missed. Part of the park I'm in now only has one other hunter, my cousin Anthony. You know where I'm talking about...thats where we ran into you. Was out yesterday and was the only guy in that section....

Mike
Old 01-06-2005, 04:21 PM

Are you going out tomorrow cat i am going tomorrow and sat.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Lifehog

I'll be out tomorrow and saturday as well.

I'll be in that parking area by 6am tonorrow if you wanna meet up.

Mike
Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Throw me an e mail cat i emailed you but i dont think you got them.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:47 AM

how are the hunters doing at the park. I live in that area - see many large backs, including a nice 130 class 8p oint heading into the park by the resevour during the hunting days. I ususally hear of the big deer killed in this sector, and see them when they get hit by cars comin gout of the park on 520 - not hearing much this year.

It's usually the case where something gets opened up to hunt - people com eout of the woodwork to hunt, and the deer get blown out -

They should go with bowhunting only, and make it a 3-4 does per buck ratio. There are P&Y bucks in there - see them all fall long. One day of gun hunting and its over.

The state shuold BAck off all the doe days and muzzloader days in November as well. That is turning the bucks nocturnal in november. I am mainly a bowhunter and donet shot gun hunt much, so I would lean to bowhunting, but have many freinds who shotgun hunt, ans they donet see the bucks in gun season the last few years.