Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Lets talk about sheds!!! >

Lets talk about sheds!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Lets talk about sheds!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Lets talk about sheds!!!

Anybody seeing any half racks yet? Anyone found a horn yet? I am so ready!!!!!

Old 12-13-2004, 04:58 AM

Default RE: Lets talk about sheds!!!

Wow that is one big antler!!! Up at the butcher, One guys nephew found a big four point shed. The brow tine was about 2", G1 was about 8 inches, G2 was inches and then the end of the antler. It was from last year because the mice ate it up a little bit, but still, it was in good condition considering a whole year later!
Old 12-13-2004, 08:33 AM

SORRY
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was out pushing deer on Saturday, and ran across a really nice 5-point whitetail shed. It was leaf-covered and pretty discolored. With both sides, he would've been in the 130's. he had a droptine sprouting, but not quite scorable.

I've only ever found a handful of sheds, so I am no expert, but this one looks to be last year's.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:47 AM

They should be starting to come off the deer right about now. At least the big ones. The big moose are definately starting to flop em. The best time of the year as far as I am concerned. Absolutely love it. Lets turn this thread into an advice and pics of finds thread....post em up!! If somebody has questions, put them up too. Shedding is getting more and more popular....problem is, there are only a few guys who are real good at it and they never give up their secrets. Let's change that. I have yet to see an article written on the subject that was accurate or informative. So where is a guy to start? Let's use this thread as a starting point......
Old 12-13-2004, 07:19 PM

another

Old 12-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice shed. A friend of mine who hunts for moose sheds goes in late March when the snow pack melts down and finds them in good numbers on the high elevations. He claims that the moose go up during winter while the deer go down to the yarding areas. He brings in a pack frame and carries out all that he can. He ties the rest up on trees to keep them away from the mice and returns on later days to get them out. He said it is just as much fun as hunting.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:37 PM

Old 12-16-2004, 08:38 PM

Old 12-16-2004, 08:38 PM

Quick Reply: Lets talk about sheds!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.