Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Another death in Pa. >

Another death in Pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Another death in Pa.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:54 PM

Default RE: Another death in Pa.

I live in Lancaster.
The call to 911 was at 6:18 AM
The guy admitted to the shooting and said he thought it was a deer.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2

So does anyone know how many people total have been killed in PA this year? I dont remember any last year. I thought things were getting better.....
The total # was 5.This included a 12 yr old girl who died.This happened less than a mile from my house.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I disagree with you. When a hunter shoots another hunter it's not an accident, it's stupidity. Basics of hunting, make sure of your target and the impact area behind the target. How many deer have you seen walking across a open field on their hind legs wearing an orange vest? No, this was no accident. This was some idiot with a shotgun shooting at a target he cound not identify well before daybreak. [:@]
Old 12-16-2004, 10:30 AM

I agree with sniper 100%.

I honestly wish there was an aptitude test for hunters instead of just the hunter's safety exam.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Griz, Boy do I agree with you on that. But you know that an idiot like this would somehow get a license and still be out there shooting at anything that moves. Or, as in this case, this brain surgeon probably wouldn't even buy a license. What is needed is a mandatory jail sentence, hugh fine that goes to the family, like garnish his wages for say, 25 years and hunting priviledges revoked nationwide for that idiots lifetime. Just think about this, the guy sees movement, raises the shotgun, removes the safety, aims and then pulls the trigger. This is NOT a mistake, this intentional stupidity from a jerk with the IQ of a bag of hammers.[:@]
Old 12-16-2004, 11:13 AM

There is absolutely NO excuse possible for shooting another hunter you mistakenly thought was a deer........NONE.

How can someone even say anything so stupid??

Just say the truth........you shot at a noise or some movement........you had no idea what it was and were HOPING it was a deer.

To say that you mistakenly thought a grown man walking on 2 legs that is approx 6 feet tall was a deer is just plain idiotic.

I always want to ask these morons where exactly they were AIMING at that deer?? What could they possibly respond with?? What part of an adult man looks like the front shoulder of a deer?

Not to mention PA has antler restrictions......This genetic defect didn't even look close enough to get the species correct let alone see how many points the rack had.

Negligent homicide IMO.

The only true hunting accident involving shooting another hunter that I would even remotely consider would be a deer jumping up at a bad time during a drive and someone being careless.

Some guy got shot in NY last year taking a crap and the guy who shot him said he saw the white paper and thought it was a deer tail..........ARE YOU F'KING KIDDING ME????

I have taken numerous nervous dumps in the woods since hearing that story.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:00 PM

I've read the term slob hunter on this website several times. Obviously it's someone who is a careless, unethical hunter. Being new to the sport what should I look for if I come in contact with one of these slobs? Any distinguishing characteristics or sterotypes? That is if he hasn't shot me ahead of time.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stronski That's a good question! I never gave it any thought. I guess that it could be just about anyone you meet in the woods. There are those that drink all weekend, tramps out in the woods about 9:00 and have no comprehension whats going on around them. Then you have the guys that didn't drink and still have no idea what going on around them. Just like driving your car. You change lanes and some jerk flies past you with his middle finger in the air and looking like a mad man. A terrific new safety item is the green penlight. It's very subtle and will not spook the deer, but is very visible to other hunters in the area. In rifle season I NEVER get in a tree stand. If the bullets start flying you have no where to seek cover. I clear the leaves around a BIG tree the day before the hunt. Then just settle in with my litte seat. If shooting sounds to be coming in my direction, just move to the back of the tree. As far as the nuts in the woods, well it seems there are more on the ground than on the trees.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

this why i don't go in till light....just sad at it's worst....you can see deer when your walking in or stalking in should i say....it's much safer in my mind or alot of times i go in the afternoon....i work at night so i have the time to do so....i know i don't want to get shot............bob
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM

Well, since everyone else has seemed to have lost sight of what I consider to be the #1 biggest violation, which I have personally witnessed on our property is TRESPASSING (and poaching). I have found 6 doe heads total in the last 2 springs when getting up there to turkey hunt, which were killed way after the season and after the thaw. Pretty easy to tell when their eyes haven't even rotted out yet. How can anyone feel sorry for some stupid bastard that feels he owns every inch of the woods or whatever. The kind folks in Clinton County (Shintown) seem to have the same mindset as these two when it comes to our property. I guess Private Property/ No Trespassing/ No Hunting signs mean nothing.

I also get such a big laugh from all you "PA" hunters when you claim all of these deer just run enmass to private property for all of the property owners to shoot. LOL Just for your info, our Whitetail migration hasn't happened on our property in the past 2 years. I seen 7 last year and only 2 this year, for a whopping total of nine does in 10 days of hunting. I guess the lowland creatures diverted the main body of the whitetail heard off it's normal migration pattern to some other private property.

Quick Reply: Another death in Pa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.