Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New Jersey's 6 day shotgun hunt results >

New Jersey's 6 day shotgun hunt results

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey's 6 day shotgun hunt results

Old 12-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Jersey's 6 day shotgun hunt results

Ok guys with this bein the last day, tells us all how your week went.

On opening day it was 4 us hunting we saw a total of more then 100 deer between us, granted most of the deer we saw where the same deer just circling around allday. One was a nice big 6 pointer that was seen by my 2 friends, 1 guy couldnt get a clean shot, the other took a shot that he shouldn't of have, he missed....that buck was heading towards me, he told me, after the shot it ran back to where it came from.

Tuesday was a wash out

Wednesday just 2 of us went out, we both saw nothin

Thrusday we both had family things to do

Friday was a wash out, so I went to work

Saturday it was 2 of us again, my friend saw 1 deer couldn't tell what sex it was, it was running 100mph and it was alittle foggy out the deer was about 90yds away.

I do hear that alot of hunters had there share of problems trying for a buck, the weather helped the deer out alot statewide, but hey think of this way they will be bigger come next year, can't wait for bow season 2005.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Jersey's 6 day shotgun hunt results

It was a wet wet week indeed. There's a gun club around the corner from me to which I DONOT BELONG but I post thier weeks kill every year and will do so tomorrow when they hang them up if they got any [&:].
Old 12-11-2004, 04:28 PM

monday nothing
tuesday nothing
wed nothing
thurs (guess what) =NOTHING
friday and sat = work

sad week lousy weather no real sightings = WELCOME TO THE PINES
Old 12-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

All Bow Season all I saw were bucks shot gun season nothing. So today I said my prayers. Told the man above that all I wanted was one. An hour later a legal BB. I took it at 70 yds and was begining to nestle in for the next 1 1/2 hours of the season. But wait I made a vow I shouldn't break. So as I lowered my gun for the 6 day season. As a nice 6 that I didn't see coming in grunted and waved good-bye. No regrets, sort of, Did I do the right thing by sticking to my word? What would you have done. I'm happy any way. I was running low, and there's always permit season.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well it went like this:

Monday I saw 15 deer. 14 doe's and a small spike that I passed on at 5 yards!
Tuesdays weather sent me to work to make some $$$!
Wednesday a beautiful day in the woods! I saw 13 doe's and one was wearing a red bandanna! Never saw that before!
Thursday did small drives with my father all day saw some doe's early and held off for a buck! As the weather turned to rain we decided to leave. On the way down the road at about 3:00 we noticed the hunting club across the street dropping off standers for a drive. We quickly pulled over and got back into the woods. About 10 minutes later I took a big doe who was running with 7 or 8 others. Then after hearing some more shooting across the road a smaller doe came limping across the road so I dropped her as well! (Freezer is now full!)
Friday did some family holiday stuff!
Saturday I hunted for 4 hours in the morning but only saw 2 doe's. No bucks! My streak is over! I have killed 2 bucks each of the last 4 years during the 6 day hunt but this year I had to settle for doe's!
I will be going out on wednesday looking for antlers only. I still have just about all of January and the first two weeks of Feb to get out there! Zone 8 has a lot of doe days! All and all a good season so far!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:35 AM

i only got to hunt monday .
i work 24 hrs shift and got off duty monday mornin ,went home grabed all my gear and headed up to my woods.......i wanted to beat the rain but as i approached my land it started raining.
i put all my gear on and went to my stand was about 11:30.
around 1pm i saw a small spike that i have seen everytime i went bowhunting ,i decided i was gonna take him if he gave me a shot,no suck luck. a half hour later i saw a big 2 pointer walking out of the brush 30 yards from me.it was cold and rainy ,i was soaked so i shot him .he dropped in his tracks and little did i know there was a big 6 point behind him still in the bruch after i shot he ran out and ran away.....just my luck
oh well thats huntin atleast i got some meat in the freezer.

otto
Old 12-12-2004, 10:57 AM

Nothing as far as shooters ....saw a few small buttons & does. Also , 25 out of state ( wont say which one ) got busted for doing drives with no NJ licenses [:@] I would have locked em up , but they all got $250 dollar fines. I drove by them at 9am on the way back from my spot , wondered where they all came from as I usually dont see many people. There's 2 nices 8's and a 10 in those woods so word must have gotten out. Then , a guy shot 2 doe so the GW was looking for him too. I got checked by the GW on the way out ! To top it all off my latern got stolen out of the back of my truck [:'(]. Oh , well I still had fun and will be back out on Monday with the ML.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

slugman i too got checked out by the game wardens in there official state blue truck. i was coming out of the main road at greenwood. i havent seen a game warden in 20 years. i told them it was nice to see them. they made me stop my truck get out show my license then open the back and show my gun was unloaded and asked why i have a double case with only one gun. i showed them that i keep my ammo on the other side. they checked the capacity of the gun and asked about other shots in the area . they were very thorough but nice. MONDAY is saw 7 doe and one button. SAT. i saw 2 doe and a string of deer that didnt come close enough to look at. the gun clubs have them all herded up. there will be plenty of does for next year but the rut and the sign of any bucks were a little lean. i guess the last 2 winters may have put a damper on things.the one gun club on rt 539 had a full meat pole with at least 20 to 30 bucks hanging. hoope they didnt get them all [:@]
Old 12-12-2004, 01:18 PM

official state blue truck
The guy that checked me was in a white F150 & towing a 14ft boat. Checked my Lic & gun and sd they were having probs this year with out of staters that dont have NJ lic's.

the one gun club on rt 539 had a full meat pole with at least 20 to 30 bucks hanging. hoope they didnt get them all
I know it's legal to drive deer , but does anyone else have a "moral" dilemma with taking 20-30 bucks in a week ? I know I do !
Old 12-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know it's legal to drive deer , but does anyone else have a "moral" dilemma with taking 20-30 bucks in a week ? I know I do !
Would you take your limit of 2 bucks during shotgun season if you had the opportunity, and they were what you considered worth taking? Say you shot an 8 then the next day you saw one bigger, I'm sure you would take it. Well these 15 or so guys thought the same way. There shooting the bucks I didn't nor did the next guy , why fault them. If you think they took to many and want to do something to make up for it, then just shoot does. But don't knock the other guys for filling their quota after all they paid for their license just like you and I. On a personal note I do not hunt for just bucks, I buy my permits so I can have a choice. As long as my freezer is not full I will take the first 2-3 that come my way.

Quick Reply: New Jersey's 6 day shotgun hunt results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.