Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Tagged my PA buck.... 20" wide 8 point... pics! >

Tagged my PA buck.... 20" wide 8 point... pics!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Tagged my PA buck.... 20" wide 8 point... pics!

Old 12-09-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Tagged my PA buck.... 20" wide 8 point... pics!

Well guys, I have been hunting this rifle season with my bow. I took the bow out this morning with no luck. I came home mid-day and put the bow down and walked down to my food plot to check my game camera (14 pics over-night). Well, I jumped up a nice buck and he started walking away, and I could see he was limping badly. I ran up to my house, got my orange on and grabbed my gun! I headed back down and after awhile I found him bedded behind a fallend down tree. I put the crosshairs right where the head and neck meet and as soon as I committed to shooting, he tucked his head backwards and down as he was starting to stand up. My bullet hit him right in the eye, not what I wanted, but it put him down! I walked up to him and found that his front left foot was messed up, as he was missing one of his hooves and the bottom was tore up. His front right foot was broken at the ankle. The bone was poking through the hide! I am glad I put him out of his misery even though I wanted a buck with my bow!

He is 20" wide, but his tines aren't very big (except for some nice brow-tines). I blotched out his eye so I can show you!

I have no idea what happened to his feet. I thought maybe he had been hit by a car, but he had no other wounds at all. I thought maybe he was shot, but what are the odds that the bullet would hit both feet?

Old 12-09-2004, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Tagged my PA buck.... 20" wide 8 point... pics!

Congratulations Buck Magnet!!! That sure is a dandy!!! See PA hunters, all the deer ain't gone.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought maybe he was shot, but what are the odds that the bullet would hit both feet?
With the amount of idiots in the woods this time of year, pretty good. Glad to see the poor bugger ain't running around wounded anymore.

Congrats
Old 12-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

He very well could have been shot. My dad put down a BB that i had found laying out in a field that had both front legs broken by a single gunshot that passed cleanly thru one leg and blew a HUGE chunk out of the other. A guy sees a buck that big running and he's going to blast away at it.
Congrats again and good job for putting him down.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:31 PM

Congrats on your buck. Glad to see you put him down before he suffered anymore.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!! good job!!! thats a nice one.....it could be a shot wound....never know......we put a doe down saturday...shot through the back knees......one was grazed bad....the othere was hanging by a hair or 2....no bone at all it was hanging and dragging......we saw it doing a drive.....and even though the land owner doesnt like us killing does we all agreed to put it down if we got it up again....adn we did....crazy....how do you hit both back knees?? congrats on your buck.....good job......
Old 12-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Great buck! Congrats!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates, yes could of been shot in both legs or feet.Seen it before. Please even when you go to check out your cameras in season where your orange also. Dont need you shot buddy. Yes I'm scolding you cause i care
Old 12-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

BM you aren't going to come back here next fall and try to tell us all you got your buck after hours of scouting and anyone can get a nice buck if they are willing to work at it are you/
BTW where's that putty cat you used to have on your posts?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats BM. No matter how you get them, always nice to get them!

Quick Reply: Tagged my PA buck.... 20" wide 8 point... pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.