Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Strange

Old 12-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Spike

Default RE: Strange

It is easy to catch a fawn in the spring time and put a bandana on it. 2 years ago my brotherinlaw caught a fawn by the legs. The mother was not to happy about it. She was grunting up a storm. We put the fawn in the car and snaped some pics. We were going to put a cow bell on it's neck but decided not to because it would be easy prey for a hunter to track it down. After 5 min. of fun we gave it back to it's mom who never left the area until we released her baby buck.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:48 PM

Even the deer in New Jersey wear 'colors'
Old 12-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, she runs with the Bloods!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:25 PM

An animal is an animal. A pet is a pet. All pets are animals. What is the difference between a pet cat or a pet deer? What makes an animal a pet? I say a pet is an animal that a human has a special relationship with. Anybody that would shoot a deer with a bandana on it's neck is truely a sick and heartless human being. How pathetic is a person that would bring sorrow onto another person just for bragging rights. Anybody that would kill an animal that obviously has no fear of humans, is not a hunter at all. But i am not going to waste too much breath on this, because no matter what I or anybody else says really doesn't matter. The sad truth is that some people just don't get it, and they never will. But I will say this....If I ever come across somebody gutting a deer with a collar on, they will be making a stop before the tagging station....at the hospital. That much I promise.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

we had 2 does running our property in central Pa. that had yellow collars on their necks,,,we figured the game commission had collared them for some sort of study??? who knows! We didnt shoot them but never seen them again after a few days so we figured the hunters around us probably shot them.

BUT! i would never tell someone who shot a deer with a bandana on it's neck that he was any less of a sportsman than i am just because it was domesticated
Hell,,,half the deer that some self proclaimed
sportsman hunt are surrounded by people 24 hours a day and rarely run at the sight of a human,,,still hard to get a shot at!
I say we convert back to the old days where live & let live was the norm. theres enough laws on the books telling us what we should & should not do. Being politically correct has no place in the hunting world
Old 12-12-2004, 04:33 PM

Its pretty sad that a hunter would jump all over another hunter for leagally taking a legal animal with a legal weapon on legal land. What is our hunting world coming to? I believe if someone attacked me for shooting legal game I bet I would be going to the hospital, just so I could get their teeth removed from my knuckles.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:38 PM

Like I said before....some people just don't get it and they never will......
Old 12-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's not affraid of people, maybe you can run at it with a pointy stick or knife and do the deed cave-man style. [>:]

Somebody obviously has a "relationship" <?> with that deer and would be heartbroke if it didn't come back for it's next feeding <or whatever>. I personally wouldn't shoot it for 2 reasons.

1. Where is the sport in shooting a deer that is not wild / has no fear of humans / sense of danger?

2. I have morals not to purposly hurt other peoples feelings. IE: Shooting a deer that they have the joy of having personal contact with.

Just my opinion. We all are entitled to our own.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:46 PM

I agree PAHUNTER. And after they do the deed on the deer.....heck, why not put the camo back on, maybe some face paint, some coon cover scent, and put on an enjoyable stalk of the next door neighbors dog......
Old 12-13-2004, 07:41 AM

i'm glad to see that some people understand what i was trying to say about fair chase and respect for others.

Quick Reply: Strange

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.