Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 question on moose lotery........ >

question on moose lotery........

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

question on moose lotery........

Old 12-06-2004, 11:40 AM

Default question on moose lotery........

Does anyone know about what time of year vt's lottery for moose?
checked out their web site and still only updated thru october. Never gone before and figured it couldnt hurt to try for tag. thnks for any insight.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:05 PM

Default RE: question on moose lotery........

I applied for a moose permit with 2 friends from VT. this year and neither of us were able to get one. Very hard to get one and best of luck to you. This is what i know. This years dates were only 5 days for moose hunting. Mid october is when you can hunt. Check late spring or early summer on there website so you can print an application. Its a random lottery so as long as you get it in by the deadline your set. For a resident its like $20 to apply and if you get a permit its $100 more. The best part is that you can put 2 other people on the permit with you. September 1st on there website in alphabetical order they had all the hunters listed who recieved moose permits. Sometimes people dont buy there permits when they are picked in lottery so there are some permits unclaimed but they are snagged up real fast. Good luck next year. Hope this info helps.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:38 PM

hunter leo, thnks. it does help, now just have to wait till spring to hopefully find dates. wow gonna be a long winter
Old 12-06-2004, 01:52 PM

NH has a lottery also. Typically around Feb you can apply. They draw in early June and the reults are posted by mid-June. The deadline for applications is usually 5/30. The hunt is typically 9 days and starts I believe the second or third Sat in October.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: NHBuck

NH has a lottery also. Typically around Feb you can apply. They draw in early June and the reults are posted by mid-June. The deadline for applications is usually 5/30. The hunt is typically 9 days and starts I believe the second or third Sat in October.
How is the moose hunting in NH? When they post the people picked in VT. for permits it shows what state they are from. Alot of NH people come to VT. to hunt moose. I'm pretty sure VT gave out 1500 permits this year and almost all of them get filled out. I found it hard to believe but its the truth. Out of 500 permits given out out of staters i think less then 20 went to NY folks. NY screws out of staters when they come hunting here if you ask me, maybe there just passing the buck back to us here in NY.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:00 PM

I believe they typically issue betwen 5 and 600 permits and hunters typically have a success rate of 75%.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:53 PM

Vt gave out 836 permits last year. 540 people got there
moose. You can apply around June. There is no permit
fee only $10 for res. and $25 for nonresidents to apply. If
you are drawn you can have 2 shooters and a guide on the permit.
If you do not use your permit it will not be issued to someone
else. I think they will increase the permits next year also. I
also think they will be charging for the permits next year
or soon after.....we'll see. Good luck on the draw.

G
Old 12-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

hey webe, Big G is right about the drawing and such. i got drawn this past season for a cow/immature bull tag up in the concord, granby area, and had to hunt my tail off to see one, let alone shoot one. if you get drawn, let me know, i can give you some insight on what to do, or not to do. i got lucky with a 682 cow. but the odds are better for you to recieve one i think if you are willing to accept any kind of permit like i did, or to try for a tag in NH. i think their odds are 25 to 1 for an out-of state person. that's my next try for a tag.
Pat
p.s., hey Big G, did you and Brian go to Illinois again this year?
Old 12-12-2004, 02:36 AM

vtbuckrulrss, you bet. I also was thinking about maine, but not sure.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:51 AM

is it possible to apply for both and NH and Vt at same time?

Quick Reply: question on moose lotery........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.