HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   New deer season start dates for 2005 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/81628-new-deer-season-start-dates-2005-a.html)

maytom 12-06-2004 11:36 AM

New deer season start dates for 2005

Did anyone else get their new magazine put out from NYS?
Seems that they want to start the fall bow season on October 1st from now on, then after the first two weeks, a week of early Muzzelloader season(no archery during this week), then starting the 2nd part of bow season. The third saturday of November would start the Gun opener.
Seems pretty interesting to me. I wonder if they will ever pass the law to allow Rifle's in the southerntier?
[:-]

SteveBNy 12-06-2004 12:27 PM

RE: New deer season start dates for 2005

Check out the thread on this back a week or so ago. If enacted, this will cut archery from 5 weeks of ubdisturbed hunting to the 1st 2 weeks of Oct. The early MZ is anterless only. I use a modern inline (Omega) in regular season instead of a shotgun because it is a more effective weapon. I cannot understand the need for a week in early oct to take a doe with a single shot rifle. If more opportunity is needed to fill the tag, let it be used in the regular season - an extra 25 days to take a doe and archery does not need to be gutted.

Steve

hunter Leo 12-06-2004 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: maytom

I wonder if they will ever pass the law to allow Rifle's in the southerntier?[:-]

Where i live in Saratoga you can use rifle and up in washington county. Other then that the rest of you are restricted to shotgun use for the most part. The way the development companies are around I wonder with every passing year how much longer you will be able to use rifle. A loser next to us had some land for sale. I couldnt convince my dad to buy it. Now there is a 5 acre piece leveled down and they want to put "low income housing" in. If they do I will be chasing people off my land and this will effect some parts of my land that i hunt. I been to a couple town meetings to protest it and every meeting gets canceled as soon as we arrive there. Me and my mom are the only 2 people that show up to object to this project. Besides being low class people living in this projet I live in the town of saratoga and other side being city... On our side there are no developments and all farm land. If we dont draw the line somewhere and this project happens then it will be the beginning of the end for where i live... there running out of space in the city and need elsewhere to build. I tell all the development companys and real estate companies to stuff it! [:'(]

doughboysigep 12-06-2004 02:14 PM

those changes are just proposals. I hope that they reconsider and amend the changes or do away with them (or some of them) all together. refer to the above mentioned post.

maugus63 12-06-2004 02:53 PM

MAYTOM-
I had e-mailed the assemblyman back in August who sponsored the bill to allow rifles in the southern zone. It obviously did not get passed for this year and at this time I dont know what the status is.

Since they cant pass a state budget, I dont put much faith in this being a priority.

MIKE