Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Jersey shotgunners >

Jersey shotgunners

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Jersey shotgunners

Old 12-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Jersey shotgunners

Good luck this week! Hunt smart...Hunt safe! I hope to be on here bragging about the big 8 point I've been seeing! LOL! Let us know how you've made out! ...Good luck again....Jim
Old 12-05-2004, 06:20 PM

Default RE: Jersey shotgunners

good luck to ya guys
Old 12-05-2004, 06:50 PM

It'll be a rainy open for Buck. I suspect a low kill for this critcal opening day of buck. That okay with me. I don't spend much time in the woods this week. Too many soldiers from the orange army. Too many amatuers. I'll hunt until 9:00 tomorrow and bail until Wednesday. If it is too crappy, I'll bail on the whole day and go make some money.

I hunt from Oct to the end of Jan. NJ is one of the best kept secrets in the country. I have never gone without meat and can be picky ans I want once my freezer has meat (which it does from bow season). Where else can you catch a 40 pound striper and kill deer in the same day?

I prefer Bow and Muzzlerloader to all other seasons. Less orange soldiers. Just me (and probably you serious guys) and the deer.

Good luck to all - please stay safe. It is 9:00pm - do you know where your next deer is?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm leaving in 15
Old 12-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Typical Buck

It's 3:56am and I'm just about out the door! Good luck again guy's!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:56 PM

What a beautiful opening morning! up my tree by 6:20. Calm, warm, comfortable. I just didn't see a darn thing! Too bad I had to go to work at 10:00. Oh well, let the orange army cover for me. I'll go again Wednesday after the rain, but I'm really looking forward to takin' my new smoke pole for a walk next week![:@][]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

The day started off nice but what a mess later. Cold and wet! even worse I didn't see the big 8 point! LOL! I did see a 1 point but let him slide! He couldn't have weighed more then 50lbs. That was all the antler I saw all day! Heard quite a bit of shooting in the morning but not much at all after noon. I can't wait till this rain is gone! How did the rest of you guy's make out?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:25 PM

i had 3 small bucks come in at 8am. I took a 4 point about 120 lbs. I let the 6 and spike go. The six went right to my buddy and he took that one. It was over by 8:30. I finally got some meat in the freezer and now i can wait on mr. big. I went out in the afternoon and saw nothing. It was quiet this morning in zone 8. it seemed like there was more shooting in the afternoon.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:38 PM

had an appt in the morning didnt get in the woods till around 1pm ....sat till dark & didnt see a damn thing. Better hurry , orange army's out on Wed.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:13 PM

Just returned... I did not shoot anything. I stuck it out...dark to dark. I'll post my sightings (and not sightings) tomorrow... sleepy.

Quick Reply: Jersey shotgunners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.