Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Women shot in her car >

Women shot in her car

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Women shot in her car

Old 12-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Women shot in her car

A 18 year old pregnant women was shot in the head while sitting in her car in a driveway tuesday. They say a stray hunters bullet came from a orchard near by . Pabohunter you should have info on this?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:54 PM

Default RE: Women shot in her car

That is just awful. My prayers go out to the family and hopefully this will remind people to be aware of what is beyond there intended target.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:09 PM

that truly too bad-best regaurds to her family.

last year there was a man that was/had gotten shot in head from a stray bullet, while sitting in his living room watching a football game. He died a few days later.this happened in Berlin VT. according to his family he decided to stay home insteasd of going out in woods.

Again best regaurds to her family--

its the beyond part i think sometimes is taken for granted.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Is this the story???

Woman shot while driving on first day of hunting season

Associated Press

FELTON, Pa. - A woman driving home from work on the first day of deer hunting season was shot after the bullet pierced the door of her car, authorities said.

Janet Wilhelm told her neighbor Robert Snyder that she first thought a stone hit her car when she heard a noise while driving Monday afternoon, but realized she had been shot after driving about 150 feet. Wilhelm was admitted to York Hospital, where she was listed in serious condition Tuesday morning.

Pennsylvania Game Commission conservation officer Guy Hansen, who has held that job 14 years, said he had never before investigated a driver being shot during hunting season.

Hansen called the shooting a "hunting-related shooting incident." He added, "I did not say it was an accident," but would not say if he knew who shot Wilhelm.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

No this took place in the Allentown area
Old 12-03-2004, 04:10 AM

She was shot, in her driveway, by a hunter who was tresspassing on Mohr Orchards property. Game & law officials haven't named a suspect yet but are interviewing any hunter who was in the area. The baby is doing well but dr's fear she has suffered brain damage.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...-newslocal-hed
Old 12-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

This kind of tragedy is exactly what the anti's are looking to use against gun owners and hunters. I hope they find the guy and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law. 99.9% of hunters are safe and ethical but those few bad apples' actions result in pain for families and negative publicity of our sport. If you know of people like this, it is imperative that they be turned in to law enforcment..carelessness and tresspassing are the breading grounds for disaster!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:40 AM

do you think this is a result of using a rifle ? I know in Jersey we have to use shotguns because the terrain does not have enough Hills etc ...to provide natural "backstops" for longer traveling projectiles. After reading the article its good to see that everyone is cooperating with the authorities.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:17 PM

4:45 PM? What's the end of day there?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

[]

Quick Reply: Women shot in her car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.