Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Women shot in her car >

Women shot in her car

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Women shot in her car

Old 12-03-2004, 04:50 PM

Default RE: Women shot in her car

ORIGINAL: registernow

4:45 PM? What's the end of day there?

Shooting Hours Table says 4:40 PM for that area, but in an open area such as an orchard or power-line, guys will linger til they can't see.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Spike

plus he was trespassing so I am sure he wasn't to worried about the time either.....
Old 12-04-2004, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: djdkman
99.9% of hunters are safe and ethical but those few bad apples' actions result in pain for families and negative publicity of our sport.
Exactly. You see it on the news every year. Either someone in their back yard gets shot or one hunter shoots another. I remember when I took my hunters safety course some 30 years ago, the one thing that the instructor repeated over and over, was "know your target AND beyond!" Apparently some guys don't pay attention in class.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

I live about 15min from where the incident happened. The news as of yesterday was that she woke up and said hello to her family. The baby is doing fine, but the doctors believe that their will be drastic brain damage. The newspaper today said the authorities believe that the responsible hunter most likely saw a silhoutted deer against the skyline since the country is mostly rolling hills, and fired up over the hill with no respect to what was behind their target. This one action alone leaves a black eye for all hunters. Now when hunters around my area go knocking to ask permission to hunt, the landowner even if they have a deer problem will think twice because of one indident. Even if it was a freak accident, wrong place at the wrong time it was caused by complete and utter disregard. Hopefully the hunter responsible is caught and prosecuted as harshly as the system allows, but I just have a hard time believing that whoever was responsible is going to turn their weapon in for ballistics analysis. If the person knew they shot at approximetly that time and in that area I feel like it is going to be hard to catch the culprit. I seriously hope I am wrong thats just my gut feeling. My prayers go out to all involved. It is just a terrible situation that affects everyone in this area. Goodluck for the rest of the season and be safe!