Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How's it going for PA hunters ??? >

How's it going for PA hunters ???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How's it going for PA hunters ???

Old 12-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How's it going for PA hunters ???

Hey PAJack - did you see the buck that won the big buck contest in the Suburban Daily News? It's on the front page. I saw the buck at Dave Sorber's and the picture doesn't do it justice. It's immense.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

No luck here , saw an 8 pt Sat nite spotlighting, and 3 does, saw 3 does Tues morning enroute to my site, and that was it ..... 6 of us and only 2 of us saw deer at all in Clinton Cty, Did see 3 hanging at the camp of some locals...
Old 12-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scott,I saw that big boy!!! I wonder what he scored...[]
Old 12-03-2004, 09:07 AM

Our camp is in Elk County outside of Benezette. We had 8 guys in camp on Monday, We ended up with two decent 8 points and there were 3 missed doe.

4 guys hunted Tuesday and got 2 doe.

It was a pretty average year, we usually end up with 2-4 bucks out of 8-12 guys. When all was said and done we saw more elk than deer as a group
Old 12-04-2004, 04:42 AM

I'm REALLY frustrated right now, three days out and have seen one deer and it was the tail-end. I'm used to seeing between 50 and 60 deer a day where I hunt............... i think they've slaughtered them the last couple of years and it's showing. I'm going out this morning for one last chance, if i don't see anything I'm hanging up the rifle.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:00 PM

I did not see any deer or heard a shot on opening day 3D unit,seem all the shot were way off in a distance and only lasted about 10 min: would say about 7:30 am the shooting was over .I did stay until 10 am seen a couple of hunters walking threw to my right comming off the back ridge,they did not push anything,so I did go for a coffe break,man what a surprise for a PA opener day.I did return that evening around 2pm and stayed to dusk ,not a shot fired.Tue,Wed,Thur,@ friday total deer seen 5 does ,not many shots fired move two, three different locations in monroe county and hunted one day in pike county all the area seem to be the same, a couple of does and two 6 pointers taken that I seen .I did speak with one guy that is holding out for a huge 10 pointer he said he seen ,but could not get a clean shot off.I would have to say that the large amount of doe tags issued are reducing the heards along with last year hard winterThe area I hunted also did turn up small amount of deer sign and deer trails were poor and close to none.I will give it another shot next week this time I will take the 8 mm mauser and leave the m/l flinter home