Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any luck Jersey Guys ? >

Any luck Jersey Guys ?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any luck Jersey Guys ?

Old 11-29-2004, 09:06 AM

Default Any luck Jersey Guys ?

Saw a small doe this morning ( didnt take the shot ) and will be back out this afternoon , as soon as I get a rear sight for my POS CVA. Was in my stand at 5:30 ...first light comes , shoulder my ML and look down the barrel ....guess what .....rear sight is gone ![:@] It was there when I left the house ! Just ordered a lymans great plains in .54 ...screw CVA plastic junk [:'(]
Old 11-29-2004, 02:34 PM

Default RE: Any luck Jersey Guys ?

DID NOT SEE A DEER ONE NOT EVEN A SQURIEL
Old 11-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Went shot gun doe hunting last Monday in zone 8. I had 4 bucks come pass me at 7:05 am! they were all together just like in the summer. None appeared to be rutting! A good looking smaller 8 point with maybe a 12 inch spred a nice high 4 point an ugly twisted 6 or 7 point and a 3 point. then at about 9:30 a good looking 7 point came right under my tree. He was sniffing and acting funny. He looked alittle swollen in the neck! My guess is he was looking for doe's. No doe's came close enough for a shot but my father got 2 and our friend Mike got a button buck. The one doe my old man got was a 110lbs. Good mature deer! I wont be out again till the buck season opener!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:00 PM

HEY GUYS, STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY COMING TO PA. THE DEER ARE GONE !!!! GO TO NY. THEY HAVE A GAME COMMISSION THAT MANAGES NOT TERMINATES THE DEER HERD. ALT IS AN *******...
Old 11-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in my stand and ready togo by 5:15am I stayed in allday never came out. At 9:30am I had 14 bald heads under me, 10 mins later I see 2 more deer 1 was a really small buck, behind him a small doe about 80yds out doin 100mph, then at 12pm I had 3 more deer under me 1 nice doe with 2 fawns, I was holding off for a buck. My friend Sam saw 8 bald heads he too was holding off for a buck.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a decent 4pt that couldnt cross the river due to the heavy rains and then had a spiker chasing 2 does come by. Saw 2 small does and lots of turkeys in the PM. Our club took a tremendous 7pt at 7am and another guy shot a dink that I passed during bow at 8.30pm.

It rained about 2+ inches and the place was soaked and the streams were raging rivers. Most of my deer that I see cross from the fields onto my oak ridge via a small creek. Well, the creek was raging and the 4pt tried to cross as did a doe and both went away.

Going Tues AM.

Bob
Old 11-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I got a real nice mature doe Friday morning...day after Thanksgiving. My first day out with the smokepole...hunting zone 11. Her and 8 other does, followed by a real nice 8 pointer, crossed in front of me 40 yards, at 7:20am. Can't make it back up there till buck week...i'll be there all week. Hope I see that 8 again...he's nice!
Old 12-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Hey bow..How are ya....Seen quite a few good bucks this year..Rumor has it one was shot that dressed 260!!!!!!!!!! Big non-typ. A member of Clover rod and gun took him with the bow...Good luck.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:26 AM

Well ...took a ride to my dads near Millville and picked up his ML since the sight on mine broke. Glad I did ...went in around 3:30 yesterday to a promising spot I found while small game hunting. Access road is between two marshes with a 100ydx100yd patch of pines about 50yds back from the road and is surrounded by marsh on all sides. Set up in back of the pines with about a 40 to 50 yd
clearing in front of me. About 4:15 I hear a rustle in the marsh coming towards me. Just about dark 4 does and a fawn walk in front of me about 40yds away. Shouldered up and took aim at the biggest one .....Money shot. I was worried that I'd have to trek thru the marsh in the dark , but she dropped where she stood. I guess it was the hunting gods paying me back for my sight breaking and the hour and half drive to my dads for a replacement. No worrys ! For some reason that sight breaking isnt pissing me off as much.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yee Haa.

Quick Reply: Any luck Jersey Guys ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.