Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 can you kill a cougar in pa >

can you kill a cougar in pa

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

can you kill a cougar in pa

Old 12-01-2004, 04:29 AM

Default RE: can you kill a cougar in pa

what are you stupid, there aint no mountain lions in PA ??? that's what i was told by the local game wardens

i myself think their are mountain lions roaming pennsylvania, too many sightings for there not to be. the PGC looks at people as if they are reporting a big foot sighting.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:35 AM

...no one said mountain lion...they said cougar...there is a difference
Old 12-01-2004, 10:43 AM

WELL WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IF I'M IN THE WOODS AND I FEEL THREATENED ITS EITHER ME OR IT I CHOSE IT..
Old 12-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will NOT hesitate to take it if given the shot. I would place the carcass in such an area that the press could find it when that "anonymous" tip comes in. You are not killing an endangered species here guys. These cats are expanding their range from other areas and what we are seeing is only the beginning. Coyotes "weren't here" either not so long ago. The next noun in the lineup guys, is "WOLF" and after that: unnecessary deer hunters. Better keep a good eye on your youngins in the back yard.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: lemond33

HAHAHAHAHAHA

hate to be rude but it's the new yorker in me, not much for species and science info are we. obviously you know how to use your computer to log into a website and post complete nonsense.......try using it like and electronic never ending encyclopedia. might actually learn something before having me point out your mistakes.

actually the only difference between a cougar and a mountain lion is the spelling.

cougar, mountain lion, panther, catamount and how ever many other names this cat has been given is part of the PUMA family and yes they are called that too. they are all the same creature despite the slight slight differences from alaska to florida to california to mexico to argentina and ony other south american country

and a "black panther" dispite vigorous hunting in the 60's and 70's it's not and upright walking bipedal creature but it actually part of the jaguar cat species family. the jaguar comes in the spotted leopard look and despite their overall black color the black jag or panther is actually covered with varying colors of black and brown and have just as many spots as his yellow colored brother.

so to sum that up....

cougar = mountain lion = puma

jaguar = black jag

puma does not = jaguar/panther despite soooooo many calling the puma a panther. the panther is actually a jaguar

all these different names and it's only 2 species of cats

hope that clears some things up for you all. or you can use that puter and check for yourself.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:08 PM
Spike

Are y'all serious about posting bail for someone who shoots one? Lol cuz if you are next time it comes in the yard it's gone 😂
Old 06-24-2020, 08:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GREEK HUNTER
well where i am hunting in the poconos they have been seen all over well if i shot one should i just put it in the truck and get home or should i go to a pgc office.... my dad said kill it and come home but then what do i do.... i have heard them while hunting there very loud.... or maybe really close to me but if i do see them i will take it out lol i really hope you guys have my back with this
Absolute nonsense, balderdash and a load of crap!!! Did you ever hear a cougar? I sincerely doubt it. An no, you cannot shoot it since there is no open season on them even though we do not have them except for the occasional one that escaped from captivity.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GREEK HUNTER
WELL WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IF I'M IN THE WOODS AND I FEEL THREATENED ITS EITHER ME OR IT I CHOSE IT..
If you feel threatened just because you see something, you should stay home with the covers pulled over your head.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lemond33
Really? You are going with that? How much money are you willing to lose on a bet?