Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE BOW SEASON

Old 12-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DE BOW SEASON

Hey Duck..is that oil spill killing ducks up there?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:21 AM

Hey Duck..is that oil spill killing ducks up there?
I dont know for sure. I've heard the number of 1,000 birds tossed around. But I dont know the break out.

I do know Fish and Game has closed state lands to waterfowl hunting from Blackbird Creek north, including Augustine. I just hope it doesnt go any futher south.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:21 PM

Nice Buck, well done!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard they might not ever know how many birds perrished as many are suspected to have sunk to bottom from oil.

What a Damn shame. Take many years to recover from that human cluster.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:49 PM

If the reported numbers are correct, then dont you think, as responsible hunters, we wouldnt be trying to deplete whats left for this season?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:06 AM

hunted monday near a spot where i came across alot of squirrels and deer trails...nothing doing. there were the small gamers out there shooting rabbits i guess..whatever i am going again today and will hunt from the T2 blind. post for u later about the results
Old 12-10-2004, 04:53 PM

guys....did u sell your bows??? what is up??? dont do this again this year.. iam hunting NJ in the morning and DE in the evening...even if the small gamers are out. they were out the other day and i say for 3 hrs. i found something promising...like where the deer are entering the picked corn field from the backside...they are crossing a small creek...its all hoofed up.

Why do u see deer everywhere on TV shows,but it seems as if these deer are only coming out at night....why??
Lemond
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hey lemond33, seems as if your the only one still doing tree time. As for me I am tagged out on bucks so there is not much of a drive to go to the woods. Does are still an option but I reaaly dont care for dropping a doe that could be carring the next Delaware State record. HAHAHA And to be honest, if you ever been out during the doe season that is the postion I'll be in....you know how it goes...big 10 piont or something standing in front of you for HOURS and all you can to is watch and hope to get a chance at him next year.
As for me, I think i'll be the guide for my son and wife this Jan gun season and wrap up the orange for antoher year.
And about the deer pn TV, well you and I both know those guys hunt unpressured aniamls and even high fenced places. The best I can tell you is do what your doing. You say you found where they are entering the filed at night. Stay on that spot...you might have to keep moving deeper in on the trail to finaly catch them during legal light but you will eventualy. About now does and bucks are going to go back to thier old groups. Bucks like hanging with each other this time of year. Last Jan i shoot a big nine that was with a 6, 8, 4 and a spike.

Good luck!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:31 PM

Man DJ, I wish I was in your shoes deer wise. At this point I'll take almost anything. My old man and I are heading out to the leased place tomorrow afternoon for the 1st day of the traditional shotgun anterless season. The corns been out and the trail cam has picked up deer, but 95% is after dark. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Looking forward to January Bow if it gets cold and some snow moves in. Really got things going last year.

Keep us poor souls who have no deer, let alone 2 plus bucks in the freezer, in mind the rest of the season..
Old 12-11-2004, 05:41 AM

Im still out there, been having a hard time with a smart doe that likes to scan the tree tops and keep her nose in the air. Each time i see her she has more deer with her. She doesnt look like the oldest of the bunch, but she seems to be the leader. Put the decoy out the other day and started bleating about 11am( been hunting from 10am till dark each time i go, since itls a long walk) had six come in to about thirty yards @ noon, all of them were locked onto the decoy except her. She was circling downwind and every couple of steps she would scan the trees. At about twenty five yards she spotted me in the tree and couldnt figure out what i was, she checked me out for a good 10mins. I had good breakup behind me, wind in my face, predator fall gray bottoms, asat 3d top with headcover(which i think may be giving me away since its faded really bad) 22 feet in the tree. I was completely still the whole time. The other deer didnt have a clue, but watched her an the decoy.For the last couple of weeks ive been hunting 10 till dark and ive seen more deer in the middle of the day in this two week period than i have all season combined. Figures i have to work on the first days of gun season, if no one finds this spot, she'll have no more hunger pains come tuesday, with lady luck of course. Have seen a nice size buck three out of the last 4 times out, just havent got close enough. Hes been coming into the area right at dark.

Quick Reply: DE BOW SEASON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.