Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 West Virgina Hunters Good Luck for Monday Gun Opener!!! >

West Virgina Hunters Good Luck for Monday Gun Opener!!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

West Virgina Hunters Good Luck for Monday Gun Opener!!!

Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default West Virgina Hunters Good Luck for Monday Gun Opener!!!

Be Safe, Enjoy, and Good Luck to each and everyone of you!!! This past week I have observed atleast here in Roane Co. that the deer are going into the rut. Hopefully the next two weeks will be GREAT hunting!!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: West Virgina Hunters Good Luck for Monday Gun Opener!!!

I will second that Christine...........We had a start at the rut, but now it seems to have slipped a little..We will see soon.
Snort
Old 11-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks christine and good luck to you--I'll be heading back to my homeplace--hardy county--in time to catch the last three days (2nd week)--try to leave me one--preferably the biggest one--ha ha
Even if nothing else I'll definately enjoy being around family and the ol' boys while hunting.
hb
Old 11-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Havent killed one yet, got a shot at a four point Monday, but missed. My friend killed a nice 9 point today that was running 3 does heavy. I have seen plenty of sign, tons of rubs and a few scrapes. A few of my buddies have taken some nice bucks, but im not hearing about any great numbers. Keep hearing the same thing that there are no where near the deer that there used to be. The rut is definetly in strong in the areas that i have hunted here in Hardy county, i have heard of alot of bucks running does. Good luck guys and gals, hope you get the big one, im still lookin for mine, going to take the fiance hunting tomorrow or thursday.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best to all... hunted Hardy hard for 2 days...saw small 4 pt..couple does... not too much shooting this year as compared to past...fewer deer, which means better bucks if managed properly! what bucks I saw harvested were small 3-4 pts & 1 decent 6.....