![]() |
Campbell loses again State lands open for bear!!
Sorry, Bradley!!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 19, 2004 Contact: Beth Ruth (614) 888-4868 x 214 New Jersey Bear Hunt May Remain Open on State Land (Trenton) – New Jersey Gov. Richard Codey has indicated that state lands will remain open to bear hunting. Gannett News Service State Bureau in New Jersey quoted the governor upon learning that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service would withhold $2 million in federal conservation funding if the scheduled bear hunt is prohibited on state lands, as has been threatened by an administration official. The federal agency’s decision is in response to Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Commissioner Bradley Campbell’s decision to close specific state lands to bear hunting. Federal wildlife officials have warned the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife that closing state lands that were intended for hunting and had been purchased or maintained with federal sportsmen’s dollars constitutes a violation that puts the state in jeopardy of losing federal funding. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service distributes excise taxes on sporting arms and ammunition to state wildlife agencies to aid in habitat restoration and other wildlife conservation programs. “It is a welcome sign that Governor Codey is not willing to sacrifice conservation programs to support the DEP Commissioner’s private war to rule the New Jersey Fish and Game Council,” said Rob Sexton U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation’s vice president for government affairs. “Perhaps now the door is open for the new governor to meet with sportsmen leaders to discuss the future of fish and wildlife programs including hunting and angling." |
RE: Campbell loses again State lands open for bear!!
Hey Campbell.....We win again the score is : Sportsmen 2 Campbell 0
Campbell your nothin but a puppet for Trenton, get a life, leave your job your not welcome here anymore......YOU JERK |
RE: Campbell loses again State lands open for bear!!
STATE LAND IS NOT OPEN AS OF NOW GOV CODY SAID HE WOULD NOT LOSE 2 MILLION IN FEDREAL AID BUT HAS NOT OFFICALY OPENED THE LAND THE PROCESS IS STILL IN THE COURTS.
|
| All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:18 PM. |
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.