Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Ready for the NY opener on Mon. >

Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Spike

Default Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

It's bin a pretty slow bow season for me in 3k. But once the blaze orange backed city slickers with there big SUV's hit the woods it should be a different story. Good luck and push them my way.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

I'm so pumped we will be in 8Y.....My friend bow hunted the farm a few weeks ago with the owner, they each saw big bucks one was a really big 8, the other was above averge 8, and lastnight one of the local guy whos allowed to bow hunt the farm saw a monster 8 with lots of sticker points
Old 11-19-2004, 05:13 AM

I hate when rifle season opens because the woods get turned upside down. But atleast you know that the deer are moving when you hear that first shot ring out at first light only about a mile away.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

I am counting the friggin minutes. As soon as work is done today, I'm hopping in my brothers truck, and off we go to my cabin in the Catskills. I be bowhunting the next two days, but I can't wait to get that rifle in my hands. I also have two friends who are going hunting for the first time this year. It's great to see new people get into hunting.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Spike

it'll be a good year here in 7a spotted some good sighn scouting and primed up a few scrapes with rushcreek lure so i hope things go good in all your hunts
Old 11-19-2004, 11:26 AM

951HUNTER

What part of 3K do you hunt? I hunt the TEN MILE RIVER BOY SCOUT CAMP we have 1500 acres in there to hunt on.

GOOD LUCK
Old 11-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Spike

I hunt next door to you MAKOMAN. My property borders the ten mile river boyscout land. The ten mile river boy scout land is 17,000 ac so I may not be right next door to you. How did your club do last year? I am interested in hearing how your scouting reports are.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

can't wait for mon gonna give the bow one more try in the morning then leave them alone Sun
Old 11-19-2004, 09:24 PM

Going to hunt all weekend long, try to get that big one before the woods appers orange and the city slickers come to town and drive around with 30lbs button bucks on the tops of their SUV's with blood running down the side of it because they don't know what their doing, or even better waiting for the first city boy to shoot some livestock and call it a spike buck, can't wait until it get's here but can't wait for them to leave and never come back. Well at least the deer will be moving, but with only one doe tag the actions gonna be over quick. Oh yeah I forgot about the guy who never steps into the woods all year and kills the biggest buck in the woods , you know , the one you saw 3 times and never got a shot and put in all that time for and some yahoo parades him around town like he's some kind of super hunter, I probably sound a little bitter, do I? Or am I not alone .
Old 11-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Or am I not alone .
LOL not alone bud. I may have put it a little more diplomatic though Errrrrrr then again maybe I wouldn't have.

I'm excited for about the first 2 hours of gun when you know deer are on the move. After that it's hunt their underground tunnels or you're out of luck around here. Can't wait to count all the early shots the opening morning. Can't wait to see how many people come onto myland. Can't wait to see the pickup truck full of people driving through the cut corn fields and stopping at the thickets to put on their drives (on opening day). Can't wait to hear how many 5 consecutive shots I hear and think another wounded deer that they won't track cause it didn't fall over in front of them. Can't wait to hear about the guy who got down out of his stand to move cause he had to take a crap or didn't feel the mojo there and stumbles onto the 140 class buck that I've been hunting and scouting all year. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes hunting at it's finest.

Quick Reply: Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.