Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Ready for the NY opener on Mon. >

Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

Old 11-20-2004, 01:32 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

A little lost for monday, my freind and hunting buddy had a heart attack thrusday and we had to put our dog down with kiddney failure. I guess my mind will be in a number of places. Good Hunting and Be Safe. Rich
Old 11-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

lou lou you nailed that one good could not have put it any better luckily were i hunt the yuppies can't go
Old 11-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

not to offend anybody cause thats not my reason for posting. I am from the city and have been hunting for 9 years and at first i had no real clue on how to really HUNT. But over the years i have gained knowledge and experience on my own and think i am a pretty good hunter. I love to hunt bow because it is so much harder and you have to try and be as ghostly as possible to get a big one in close enough and have it not even know your there and enter and leave the woods in that same fashion. But in my expereince i dont believe it matters if your from the city or not i have hunted with people from the sticks and the city and most of them have the brown its down attitude that i dont share and almost all of them want to put on drives after the first hour of sitting so i know that it depends on who has taught you to hunt and if they are as passionate about it as a true hunter should be.
P.S. Also if you expect someone to believe some city folk had come out into the sticks to hunt and killed someones cow cause they thaught it was a deer you might want to sell that pitch somewhere else cause even though they live in the city im sure they at least when to fisrt grade where your learn the song "old mcdonald" and they teach you the farm animals and show you pictures of what they look like lol.

But i do agree that there are to many people out there that just trample through the woods and ruin everyones hunt.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Spike

sounds like your shooting down the hunters nybowhunter i been hunting for 30 pluss years and i never had negative thoughts like yours bud. i can't wait to see a young guns first deer or pics of some lucky hunter that gets the buck of his life. and to hear storys over a fire and see old hunting buds. and to meet those good hunters tracking a wounded deer till they find it in the wee hours of the night with a flash light. to sit up and plain a days hunt for the next day and to harvest a deer for the poor too eat that you taged. you got to see the eyes on a familys face as you bring them a roast from that buck or doe too and enjoy the thrill of the harvest. hunting is for all americans and good hunters and to train those that are not so good at hunting not to slam them or knock them but to show them how to improve their aim and to show them how to preserve our hunting rights .(IRISH)
Old 11-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

RAH RAH
Old 11-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

I love opening day, but I am bitter too. I know the private land I am on will get pushed at somepoint, and It'll take me getting down the stand and telling them off to stop it. It happened on opening day a couple years ago, and they still try to do it when I am not in the stand.

Add to the fact I just had a stealth cam, and a trail timer photo hunter (over 300 bucks total) cam taken from the woods this week, and a stand stolen( $125.00...and the lock and chain they cut to get to it) last season at the same time. There better not be anyone around those woods, because I at least want some of the time alone in there.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Phade-
We also had a trail cam stolen last year in the middle of the large private and posted land I hunt. It is sad that other so called "sportsman" cant respect other peoples property. I have had my camera out this year but took it out of the woods last weekend in case any "undesierables" happend to stumble upon it.
MIKE
Old 11-20-2004, 08:23 PM

Your right! not every city slicker dosen't know how to hunt, the majority do not, ( my opinion). I do love taking new hunters out and seeing them sucessful it's what's it's all about. Sharing expierences with friends and loved ones. Face it city folk have got a bad rap out in the woods. I may be one sided but I cannot tolerate someone who dosen't care about hunting as much as I do. Most of you Know what I'm talking about, all the time, all the energy, time away from family, all the patience, Hunting is not firearms season for me, deer are not in there natural enviroment at least where I'm at, it nothing less than a bunch of people who come for the week and get drunk and high and stumble around the woods shooting at everthing trying to kill my deer that I've worked so hard to get close to, Yeah I'm bitter , and I know that there not my deer, but it's stressful. Hunting them all season to get a glimpse of old mossy horn and some guy comes up for the day and gets him, I could go on and on , ,I respect those folks whether they are from the city or the country because they put there time in and they deserve to get that buck ( or a kid of Course) not some fly by night. Wanna more respect from the people in the sticks move out to the country, then no more excuses. It's put up or shut up time on your hunting skills. Born Country Die Country!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

On the thoughts of the city folk....

No doubt there are some morons that should not be in the woods, but I think % wise it is even with hunters from other places. Some get more out of buying alot of stuff than the hunt and the traditions that come of it.

However, I was in a hunt club in VA (which is all but required in the Tidewater region) and the whole club, 45 members worth came from the seven cities (Virginia Beach, Norfolk, etc.). I have to say they knew how to hunt very well. And shooting skills were out of this world. I watched an older member (60's) chamber and shoot 3 rounds in a bolt action in the time I could only manage two on individual targets.

So, it has to be said that it just depends on the person, not their locale.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:06 PM

I agree with you 100% the person makes the difference, it's stereotypical I know but when you've been burned you get bitter. Well hope everyhting turns out good on monday for everyone who has earned it.

Quick Reply: Ready for the NY opener on Mon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.