Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NJ guys hows it going >

NJ guys hows it going

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ guys hows it going

Old 11-25-2004, 11:02 AM

Default RE: NJ guys hows it going

Hows it going fellows just got back from illinios on tuesday i hunted there first shotgun season i dont even want to hunt jersey after hunting there i saw at least 6 differant bucks everyday and they were rutting really hard its nice to go hunting on land where there isnt orange all over the woods and where they let the smaller bucks grow up they take does for meat.
My father got a 9 pointer with a 19 in spread i didnt get anything but i saw two differant monsters they were running does pretty far away i couldnt get a shot.
Good luck to everyone
Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 PM

any one hunt the basto, nesco area ? just curious if there has been any movement in that area?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-25-2004, 05:34 PM

I couldnt agree more NJbowman one buck per weapon would be great.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Any way to get a movement to eliminate the Jan slaughter and maybe tweak the EAB????? I am all ears and willing to help as I too have hunted ILL and it is awesome (2 bucks for all seasons plus some doe tags).

My Zone 2 has declined ever since the Jan gun slaughter with numerous buttons and shed bucks be nailed in mid/late Jan.

In fact, in huntable places, the herd is way down but continues to explod in the suburbs.

Bob--looking forward to another year of only seeing dinks.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-26-2004, 05:19 PM

Since I only hunt with the muzzleloader i am only iuntitled to one buck I do not hunt during the buck season and have not one so for years. Let's see I hunt in zone 5 as a muzzleloader i am entitled to hunt for a grand total of 47 days if I was to hunt during buck week and a bow hunter can hunt for a total of 121 days of which only about 15 days are restricted to doe hunting only in that 121 dayes you are intitled to shoot 3 bucks 1 per season. Now there are areas where you as a bow hunter are allowed to hunt parts of the Monmouth county parks system, Princeton township and probley many more that I am not aware of that 121 days in zone 5 you have the basicly to your selfs for 47 days at which time you are able to take 2 bucks mind you there is no earn a buck here God Bless you. You can have all the days you want but try to share with other hunters who want to persue there sport the way they want.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:34 PM

I agree with you lifehog on the one buck but when I read the post by njbowman he seams to think that the bow hunters do not get there cut of the pie. You tell me what the numbers shootgun hunters 2 bow hunters 3.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

I actually emailed F&G a couple of years ago regarding statewide QDM and scaling back the Jan days and received a warm response. However, since my letter, the state has actually LOOSENED the rules and implemented the doe a day policy.

The only good thing happening is getting some townships to open for bowhunting.

I believe that the state has potential for quality bucks but is going about it in the wrong manner and making the majority of hunters have a less than pleasant season each year. It's shame as my lease in Zone 2 used to harbor quality bucks although a few too many does but now there are only scrappy dinkers and way less does.

I will email the state again.

Bob
Old 11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: NJ guys hows it going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.