HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   NJ Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/77442-nj-hunters.html)

slugman 10-30-2004 10:16 AM

NJ Hunters

Any of you guys hunt below Philly ? Seems like most of the NJ guys on here are from up north. Yes,we do have computers in Salem county , so was wondering where the south jersey guys are. I hunt zones 27 & 29 and was wondering who else on here did , or anywhere close.

JerseyJim 10-30-2004 05:10 PM

RE: NJ Hunters

Not me.... I'm up in Morris County and do most of my hunting in Morris, Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren Counties.... I have some relatives in Toms River and they see some nice bucks down that way! My brother-in-law works at a quarry that has a lot of acres. He sent me some pictures of some monster bucks! I'm still trying to get him to get me permission to hunt there! For now though I'll be hunting up north! Zones 2,7,8,9,and 13. Hows the hunting down by you? Whats the land like?

jerseyhunter 10-30-2004 05:15 PM

Jim , where abouts in 9 do you hunt?

JerseyJim 10-30-2004 07:39 PM

My buddy has some land in the Roxbury area that connects to some state owned land. I don't hunt it that much anymore. I do most of my deer hunting in zone 8. I just had a house built on a piece of property that backs up to the Wildcat Ridge WMA in Rockaway. It's the three point or better on one antler rule there so I'm hoping to see some good bucks in the next couple of years...(zone 6) I also just got permission to hunt a 65 acre piece in zone 2 up by the Sussex County Fair Grounds. I haven't seen the land yet but I know the area a little and most of it is good deer land! Where do you hunt?

Broadhead88 10-30-2004 09:19 PM

Jim--we hunt off Rt 565n near Sussex Airport. Zone 2 has some great bucks but just gets a lot of pressure during the permit seasons.

Good luck.

Bob

JerseyJim 10-30-2004 10:50 PM

Bob - I used to live up that way. One of the biggest NJ bucks I ever saw was walking up the tree line that runs along the runway at the airport. He was walking up the little dirt road that runs along the trees on the opposite side from the runway. BIG HEAVY set of antlers! Great looking buck! The property I got permission to hunt is right behind the fair grounds. I ran into an old friend who bought the place 2 years ago for horse back, Quad, dirtbike riding ect..ect...but he doesn't hunt! I'm going to try and get some time off to take a look at the place next week...

jerseyhunter 10-31-2004 07:48 AM

Black River WMA zone 9 portion

Bulldogger 11-03-2004 08:02 PM

58 the refuge and 51

Goodfella9000 11-15-2004 05:02 AM

FYI... New to forum, but from Burlington County. Hunt mostly 6-day firearm with Garden State Gun Club, though I miss the bow-hunting days when I had acres of bucks in my back yard, and more time to hunt them!