HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   MD. ANYONE HUNTING SIKA THIS OCT. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/75142-md-anyone-hunting-sika-oct.html)

DR KILL 10-07-2004 12:52 PM

MD. ANYONE HUNTING SIKA THIS OCT.

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS HUNTING SIKA THIS EARLY MUZZLE LOADER SEASON, I HAVE ABOUT 8 GUYS GOING WITH ME DOWN THE SHORE , I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU WERE HUNTING THEM AND WERE AT (COUNTY) HAVE YOU HAD LUCK IN THE PAST ? I WENT AND SCOUTED LAST TUESDAY AND IM GOING BOW HUNTING THIS SATURDAY NEAR VIENA, FOUND SOME REAL NICE TRAILS,,,, OH YEAH ARE YOU HUNTING PRIVATE OR PUBLIC LAND? THANKS GUYS ILL WB AND SHARE MY INFO AS SOON AS I TALK TO MY DAD AND FIND OUT WERE WE ARE HUNTING

DougMD 10-07-2004 12:58 PM

RE: MD. ANYONE HUNTING SIKA THIS OCT.

I went to BlackWater refuge once and hunted. The mosquitoes were UNBELIEVABLY bad in the morning, but there was a breeze that afternoon and they didn't bother me much then. I didn't see any, but my buddy saw one from afar. You can hear them bugling (whistling) all around though.

DR KILL 10-07-2004 01:35 PM

OH YEAH I HEARD THE BUGLING, WHAT A SOUND SENDS CHILLS DOWN YOUR SPINE I CANT WAIT UNTIL SAT. ILL BE IN THE STAND 1 HOUR BEFORE DAYLIGHT

hrtshot 10-11-2004 06:15 PM

Any Luck with the sikas on SAT Kill.....LOL

Bionicrooster 10-12-2004 12:15 AM

I will be hunting all 3 days, I've bene bowhunting a few times for them already. seeing some does, not many bucks but they are really starting to whistle. If you don't have private land look into either Blackwater wildlife refuge, or fishing bay wildlife management area.

DR KILL 10-12-2004 05:48 PM

no hrtshot i did not see anything sat. some idiot had a new deerstand and he locked up about 80 yards away from me and he kept his flashlight on until daybreak i think he was scared of the ghost ladie or somthing ,, i did here some bugling and a monster elk lol maybe ill have better luck next thursday when i take my t/c and misquito repelent lol

fuzzjocky2 10-13-2004 07:07 AM

I have been out a couple of times this year I have been seeing some and will be going down to hunt this Saturday with my son. I’ve been hunting fishing bay wma .I did check out Taylor’s island it was not too bad once you got onto the islands but getting the boat close was a real challenge. Not sure I would be able to do it in the dark. I may try it during early muzzle loader because it looks like the areas that I have been hunting in fishing bay may get crowded. Has any body else hunted Taylor’s how crowded does it get?

DR KILL 10-15-2004 12:36 PM

HEY FUZZ I SENT YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE WB ME BACK

jevan 10-17-2004 04:52 PM

I went to blackwater on the 8th and shot a 3 point with the bow, he came out of the thick stuff around 5pm and I dropped him in his tracks. I hunt in blackwater wma, I took the 3 pointer in area T all the way down on the right, there is some nice hardwoods that they have been killing the nuts and trails all over that are beat to death. last year I got a spike (bow) in area M lower parking down the trail about a mile on the left almost to the week as this year, area S second parking lot is pretty good but is hard to find clean shots, area r all the way down on the left or right looked pretty good but I didn`t get to walk around much. a bunch of buddys went this weekend and saw a few nice bucks area M, not much bugleing going on compared to last year but this weekend that should change.