Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone else seen bigger bucks in Pa? >

Anyone else seen bigger bucks in Pa?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone else seen bigger bucks in Pa?

Old 08-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone else seen bigger bucks in Pa?

I was just wondering if anyone else has been seeing some bigger deer around since the ar's went into place. I for one have deffinately been seeing some deer I would have never dreamed would come off our land. I saw a huge 8 point the other day that would probably go 130 and thought he was one of the nicer ones I have seen around. But then the next time I saw him he was with a 10 point that made him look like a dink. The 10 should score around 160 - 170. I always thought I waould have to go to Illinois or Canada to get something like that. I'm so glad that they are finally here in our own back yards. To take a monster P&Y deer in Pa would be a dream come true. Has anyone else been seeing some larger buck here in Pa this year?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone else seen bigger bucks in Pa?

I have noticed through the summer that I'm seeing bigger bucks compared to previous years. I'm also seeing more bucks compared to doe than ever before, but less deer in general. Every time I take a drive at dusk I'm seeing about 1 buck for every 2 or 3 does....in all the years leading up to this year and last I would see a ton of doe and rarely a buck. Times, they are a changin'.....and for the better if you ask me!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Spike

I have seen more bucks this year then in the past. Bearklr where do u hunt in Lancaster? That's my neck of the woods also.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in West Hempfield on about 50 acres of private land. It's great, we are the only ones allowed to hunt it so I get all the big boys to myself Where are you at in Lancaster?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Yeah!
I'm seeing remarkable results. I never dreamed that this would be possible, to have a good chance at true trophy animals in our home state. There are a few hunters (Deadeer is one) out there that are not happy though. I just don't see the negatives where I'm from though. Better enjoy it and take full advantage folks, nothing lasts forever. There are alot of folks that would like to see trophy fees enacted to stuff the coffers of the general fund. Once we get going with the trophies, don't think it couldn't happen here.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't say that I've been seeing bigger bucks ... but I have definately been seeing more legal bucks.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Usual around here a few dandies and some dinks. Same old same old.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:32 PM

I,m in Jersey,and where I hunt we had that rule for 4 seasons now,this season being the 5th.And the bucks I saw last year compared to 4 years ago was remarkable,I cant wait to see whats walking around this year.So the program does work,and you guys have a ton of deer in pennsy,good luck out there.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Definitely seeing better quality bucks everywhere... suburbia, farm country and even the ANF. AR is working IMHO
Old 09-01-2004, 12:19 AM

in 4b we are not seeing any bigger bucks, and we are seeing less deer this year overall.
While taking in hay or combining oats we have seen no fawns.

Out total deer sightings this summer are about 10 total (on past years we may see 50-60 over the summer).

But the harvest stats will tell the tale for the year. If they continue as they have for the last few years then someone is blowing smoke.

Buck harvests have declined by tens of thousands the last 3 years, and that sort of blows the 'more bucks' theory.

Quick Reply: Anyone else seen bigger bucks in Pa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.