Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 N.J. archery season seems to be a rip off! >

N.J. archery season seems to be a rip off!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

N.J. archery season seems to be a rip off!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:41 PM

Default RE: N.J. archery season seems to be a rip off!

Non lottery permits go on sale 9/11. I am going to pick up my zone 6 bow permit at the Walmart in the ITC.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:20 PM

jbc, I've done the things you suggest for years. Do you honestly think the Council would be suprised to hear that bowhunters don't like the fact that the bow season was divided into two segments, and you have to pay twice? Maybe we could poll the PA hunters and ask what they would think about dividing their season in two, and charging double?
I don't think they'd be too shocked to hear guys are a bit upset they have to play the EAB game, while shotgun season allows two bucks, either.
Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I have to think the Council is already aware of these feelings, but make their decisions anyway. Guys finding common ground and discussing what they don't like about the seasons is not a waste of time, it's a good chance to learn something
Old 09-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt zone 8
Fall bow 42 days
Permit Bow 50 days
Winter Bow 43 days..... no complaints here.

But how soon we forget. It was only a few years ago that there wasn't any Sept. season. They implemented it and called it Early Bow season as a bonus to us archers. Now they call it Fall Bow and Permit Bow. It's just a name. I for one don't care as long as I can hunt.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt zone 4:

Fall Bow: 24 days
Permit Bow: 25 days
Permit Muzzleloader: 13 days
Six-Day Shotgun: 6 days
Permit Shotgun: 1 day
Winter Bow: 26 days

So as you can see, the zone I hunt has alot fewer days then most other zones, and on top of that zone 4 hunters can't harvest unlimited antlerless deer, but I hunt this zone cause its my choice. If you don't like to pay the extra money, then thats your choice, don't hunt in NJ, or pick what season you want to hunt. For the money you pay, your allow alot of deer, where by I pay just as much as you and I can only harvest a total of 11 deer for the entire season......Choice is yours!!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:45 PM
jbc

6pt,

If they don't hear the complaints they can't respond. Period.

In NJ we are VERY fortunate to have a F&G Council. Most states have to go through the legislature for everything. Take advantage of the system we have.