Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Buying doe tags...just because you can. >

Buying doe tags...just because you can.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Buying doe tags...just because you can.

Old 08-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: Buying doe tags...just because you can.

I thought you were only suppost to had a max of 2 doe tags in pa, no matter where you are hunting exept 5d?
Old 08-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought you were only suppost to had a max of 2 doe tags in pa, no matter where you are hunting exept 5d?
You thought wrong! A hunter can have up to 3 WMU specific antlerless tags....that's in exception to the SRA units. DMAP is another story.

Bearklr, I fully understand. I went off on a little tangent though! I don't know anyone that does that though.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:55 AM

bearlkr,

I don't know anyone that does that also. I hope to pick up 2 or 3 does tags for 3D, 2 DMAP, 1 buck and hopefully will get all filled. If I don't get a buck by the last ML Flint season, I will take another doe.

I had 4 tag last year and I filled all 4.

Tom
Old 08-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

the WMU that i hunt in was out in 3 days
Who are you trying to fool? The first two units to close were 1B and 2F....both were available to non-resident applications on 8/16....that's two weeks open. The were posted closed 8/18 or 8/19....that's 2.5 weeks, not 3 days. Boy, if there's anything I hate it's when people try to push bad information....especially when they don't even have a clue themselves![:@]
Old 08-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Spike

hey Jason N, it says, Only one deer may be taken in a licence year unless a person has a valid antlerless , or where available,unsold antlerless licence may be applied for and recieved.Unsold antlerless tags will be available in WMU with licences still on hand starting Monday ,8-23-04.An individual may apply for only one unsold tag on 8-24, and if available a second unsold tag on monday 9-13,for a TOTAL OF NOT MORE THEN TWO ANYWHERE IN THE STATE. Hunters may apply for unsold licences only in WMUs 2b,5c and 5d, as specified by the Executive Director
Old 08-24-2004, 10:08 AM

TOTAL OF NOT MORE THEN TWO ANYWHERE IN THE STATE
This applies to bonus tags. You can only have two bonus tags which are in addition to your anterless tag which you applied for first. Got it?
Old 08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

cowboysfan, t_in_pa2 is right. You are allowed to have a total of 3 doe tags. Hey, maybe if you were an Eagles fan you would have already known that . Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry bud, I didn't realize why you were wrong. T in PA2 and bearklr have you all straightened out, though. There is a whole thread about this very topic on the HuntingPA boards....it got kind of ugly, but that happens moreso than not over there.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Spike

Thaks for letting me know whats u, I was misleaded,not that I could get three tags in 5b anyway and dont have anywhere to hunt 5d.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

i get what you mean now......thats a good waste of 6 bucks to me......thats like me sending for across the state.........i never go that direction......why would i do such a thing? thats stupid........a good waste of 6bux to me........unless the guys think HEY they are all yellow......i can hunt 1a with that tag i got from york and noone will notice unless they get up close to read it......so they could be doing that.....hunting whereever with a wrong tag just because there were some avalable there.......

Quick Reply: Buying doe tags...just because you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.