Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Doe Tags gone in 2 WMU's already >

Doe Tags gone in 2 WMU's already

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Doe Tags gone in 2 WMU's already

Old 08-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Doe Tags gone in 2 WMU's already

I won't be getting any bonus tags this year, both the areas that I could hunt in are sold out of tags already. 1B and 2F. I wouldn't have used it anyway, but I like to get it.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doe Tags gone in 2 WMU's already

What area is Clinton County in Beech Creek Mountain S. of Renova
Old 08-21-2004, 10:38 AM

I hope I get mine they went fast this year
Old 08-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't have used it anyway, but I like to get it.
Why would you pourposely stop a fellow hunter from obtaining a tag that he would use and you would not?[:'(]
Old 08-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

What is strange is the first units to run out are the units with the less deer. Why dont more people hunt where the deer pop is high and the doe tags are unlimited ??
Old 08-22-2004, 03:12 PM

I hunt there cause thats where my cabin is
Old 08-23-2004, 10:54 AM

What's Even worse is not being able to get a Doe tag in the area that I hunt... 7M... bummer

Scott
Old 08-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is strange is the first units to run out are the units with the less deer. Why dont more people hunt where the deer pop is high and the doe tags are unlimited ??
CD, you of all people know that gaining access in the SRA's is difficult. And a little FYI, 2F has a 512000 acres of Alleghany National Forest and a bunch of gamelands.....as well as a whole lot of camps that hunters flock to for the rifle season. I assume that is a major reason why the tags sell so quickly here and 2G is similar, but has more public land in a bunch of the state forests, and that many more camps....they're hurting for deer in many places though. 1B is a bunch of farm country....I don't know if there is a bunch of public land or if the landowners are more willing to offer permission or what, but that unit(what was mostly Erie and Crawford counties) always sold fast.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Host of Hosts

Why would you pourposely stop a fellow hunter from obtaining a tag that he would use and you would not?
I would not use it if I had already killed a buck and a doe, but if I missed out on my buck like last year I'd use the second doe tag. My grandfather can no longer go hunting and I give 1/2 a deer to him and the other half to Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I have been real lucky getting a Buck the last 5 or 6 years before last year. So the tags I didn't use were sort of a conservation effort.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm staying nuetral. But there clubs all over Pa that buy doe tags up like yummy cookies then burn them and have a party

Quick Reply: Doe Tags gone in 2 WMU's already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.