Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Where are the closest deer to me? I live in Lynn, MA. >

Where are the closest deer to me? I live in Lynn, MA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where are the closest deer to me? I live in Lynn, MA.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Where are the closest deer to me? I live in Lynn, MA.

The Lynn Woods Reservation is very close to me, does anyone know if there are any deer there I could scout? If anyone knows of an area with deer near me please let me know. I would like to do some scouting. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:14 PM

Default RE: Where are the closest deer to me? I live in Lynn, MA.

Hey I just responded to your other post. I rembered that you were a kid who got the hunting bug but had no one to show you the ropes and lived in a northeast mass urban area. I'm rooting for you because we need more young hunters up here. Now for substance, I don't know if you checked any updates, but as of my 1-2 year-old web page showing mass. hunting restrictions by town, you can't shoot in Lynn but apparently do not need specific permission to hunt on property in that town. Which means, you can bowhunt there (you may have already known that). Very simple to tell if there are deer in that woods (which I am not familiar with), walk around off of trails looking old rubs, deer droppings (particularly in thick cover) and dried out stream beds and or vernal pools to see if there are deer tracks. Alternatively, (and the easier way but not the most enjoyable/productive) ask the same question on the new england sportsmen hunting board, which seems to be a better source for that type of local knowledge. You might also ask the local PD if they see deer when cruising around there at night. Finally, there are deear darn near everywher in Mass. A doe was recently tranquilized in Malden (I believe) when it was running around town. Deer are often sighted in Newton and Needham. I've got deer using my wife's flowers for food (I love when they do that, it really tees her off and she orders me to slay every deer I see) and otherwise running through my yard (I live a couple- three towns over from you). Send me an email and I'll recommend a couple of other places that you would need a car to get to.

Regards.