Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Shotgun during the winter bow season >

Shotgun during the winter bow season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shotgun during the winter bow season

Old 01-07-2002, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shotgun during the winter bow season

It makes no sense Mid...I miss the old days when you could bow hunt the winter season and have "relaxed" deer walk under the stand.. Now, you need a spot far in the woods where no hunter has been..Too bad theres no place like that here...
Old 01-07-2002, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bigmills

Didn't mean you should "pound the deer" but with 500 acres maybe you could make your ground more attractive with food and cover plantings etc. so they don't all cross over to that 25 to get pounded. there must be something on that 25 pulling em in for your neighbors to kill that many.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:02 PM

Hey guys, how about you provide your input on the deer hunting at the Federation meetings? The Monmouth Federation meets every third Thursday 8pm at the Freehold Fur Feather club house. Give your input, we run an informal meeting any any input is welcome. We have input from various clubs, ones that have been around a long time, and clubs that are newer. We also have some individual members that are not part of any hunting club. We need more independant voices.

I can tell you honestly that there has been NO discussion of QDM at our meetings. Everyone is happy just to get a chance at getting some deer.

We have representatives from the following clubs, so if your club is not represented,
PLEASE PLEASE attend, even for a little while!

Freehold Fur Fin and Feather
Turkey Swamp Rod and Gun
South Orange Rod & Gun
Sunrise Rod & Gun
Trout Unlimited
All Around Sportsmen
Shore Wildlife
Monmouth County Rifle & Pistol
NJ Trappers Association,
Haystack Rod & Gun
Seneca Rod & Gun

We DON'T have members from
Cross Pile
Asbury Park Fishing Club
Any fishing club other than Trout Unlimited.

I'm the Secretary of the Monmouth Federation, and the executive members are looking for more people to
attend our meetings, not to shake you down for money, but to provide input and to help spread the word
about issues affecting us in the Monmouth County area.

You can contact me at work 732 949 8906 or at home at
732 866 9496, or [email protected]

Meeting is at Freehold Fur, Fin and Feather, 8pm every third Thursday, on Burke Road, Freehold. Burke Road is off of Count 524, about a half mile from the intersection of County 524 and County 537. Contact me for more detailed directions.

We really need your input.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
No didn't hear of that either. It was quiet around the camp both days other than cross pile. I did hear of a nice 10 coming out of TS off Ely Harmony by Hendrickson rd on opening day. I bet they came from else where too. You are right about the white one. Boy if he makes it he'll be awesome next year. We should get together for coffee and swap some stories. You might even know my hunting partner Matt Trembow he is a Manlapan Police officer. Talk to you soon.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>