Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did >

New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did

Old 04-24-2004, 06:27 PM

Default New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did

me and my dad went up to our camper in sullivan county. we slept there friday night into saturday. woke up at about 5:00. got in the woods around 6:30. no gobbling at all. my dads friend owns a farm up there and we went up to the farm. nothing up there. the day is still young though...8:30 a.m........we were up at the farm for about an hour and a half until 10:00. then we decided to go back to our property and walk the mountain. we didnt see anything up the mountain. now 10:15...... so we then decided to go back down the mountain, but not on the path. as we were approaching a ridge, there was a stone wall which had a gobbler hiding behind it.( we didnt kno at the time) once i took a step towards the wall, the turkey took flight and tried to land in a tree, but couldnt so it just kept on flying. (10:30 AM) it was definetly a gobbler bc we saw the red and blue head stretched out when in took off. only damn turkey we saw all day...[:@][]....... i thought about taking a shot at it with my 20 gauge, but i didnt, it all happend to fast. now what i dont understand is why the gobbler was still all alone that late in the morning........

anyway did anybody else get out for the hunt today, i will be back out tomorrow. gotta wake up at 4:15 AM bc we gotta drive for 40 minutes to get to ulster county...[:@]... well i would love to hear some stories from today.... i am gonna go to bed soon....

Good luck tomorrow if you didnt get anything today..... also good luck for the season
Old 04-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-25-2004, 10:13 AM

Default RE: New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did

Took my 13 year old out. Couldn't call them in on Saturday but Sunday was a different story. Called in 2 hens in separate spots and then was able to call in his first longbeard. 18 lbs, 7/8" spurs and 7 inch beard.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:18 PM

congrats to your son catt, who was more excited, you or your son?
Old 04-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

cattny what county wrre u in