Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Monmouth Co. Deer Hunt >

Monmouth Co. Deer Hunt

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Monmouth Co. Deer Hunt

Old 04-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Monmouth Co. Deer Hunt

http://www.news12.com/NJ/topstories/article?id=105781
Old 04-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monmouth Co. Deer Hunt

Thats great news!!

Do they know which parks will be allowing the deer hunts?

Only bad thing is, that everyone and there mothers will be trying to hunt these parks, and you can bet the anti's will probably show up as well.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

right in my back yard hope TATUM park will be on the list!
Old 04-22-2004, 04:30 PM

As of right now I don't think any parks are does only, but in my opinion they all need to be does only. The whole point of this is to reduce the numbers of deer in these parks. If they don't then every 4 and 6 pointer is going to get smoked. Not enough does will be taken and the whole hunt doesn't accomplish a thing. I went to the first meeting the park system had and they said right now there is no limit to the amount of hunters that can get the "park use" permit and hunt. That will be a nice mess!
Old 04-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-23-2004, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

If you go to the Monmouth County Parks Department website, there is a 24 page document which outlines all the rules and lists the parks etc etc.... It even has the maps of these parks and the proposed areas that will be open to deer hunting...

Just a few tidbits from the report;
1. all hunters must use a treestand with a minimum height of 6' off the ground.
2. hunters will be allowed to leave their treestands in the parks for the duration of the deer hunting season, but can only be put in place 2 weeks before the season, and must be taken down within 2 weeks of closing.
3. show prrof of liscence and hunter safety

just a few.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/
Old 04-24-2004, 07:27 AM

NJBOWMAN, I do know your rep pretty well, but I can't figure out who you are? Anyway, a park rep and a biologist were out on friday walking the park ground on the Crosswicks Creek Park to determine if there was enough deer damage to require a hunt. I don't think they are going to find enough to warrant the hunt. If they don't there is serious talk that they will remove the CC Park from the list. I see on the park website that they have a list of revised recommendations. The big one is no driving of deer. That eliminates the mess of gang after gang going in and shootin up the place, but you and I both know some bunch of guys will try anyway. They still need to make it does ONLY or they won't accomplish what they want.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Monmouth Co. Deer Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.