Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA and crossbows >

PA and crossbows

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA and crossbows

Old 04-20-2004, 02:27 PM

Default PA and crossbows

I just read on another site that the PGC just voted on the expansion of crossbows, here is the cut/pasted section...

"It passed by 6-2 (Dunkle and Palone opposed) hunters can hunt and take deer with a crossbow during any firearms season and also permit hunters within WMU 2B, 5C and 5D to hunt and take deer with a crossbow during any season."

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:58 PM

Default RE: PA and crossbows

The UBP supported implementing AR's in SRA counties even though it made no sense when one considers thaT THE OWDD goals are 6 DPSM for 5 C and 5 DPSM for 5D . Now the bow hunters in those counties will have a whole lot of company while they are trying to harvest one of the few bucks saved by Ar.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

DD's statistical spewing aside, crossguns are fine in gun season and for the disabled but they dont belong in any archery season, period.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:40 AM

but they dont belong in any archery season, period.
Well they belong in archery season now ,in six counties, thanks to Alt and his kill the doe crusade. You better hope that hunters kill a whole lot of doe in the other counties, because if x-bows are effective at reducing the herd in SRA counties there is a good chance they will be legal statewide in a few years.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

6 counties? How many WMUs? Just those three that cover the special reg. areas right? I am somewhat affected by this as part of Lehigh County is in 5C. This is the first that I heard it passed.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:23 AM

PABowhntr

Here is the press release from the PGC - http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...?Q=161430&A=11

I see this as potential for them to introduce crossbows into the entire state next year.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:08 AM

. Why not take input from people who actually buy the archery stamp.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:36 AM

thanks to Alt and his kill the doe crusade.
Wasn't Alt but Mohr who pushed the xbows. He was also the 1 vote against the anterless allocations so figure that one out.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:11 AM

That is true, but they wouldn't have been approved if archers and rifle hunters had been successful in reducing the herd in SRA counties. With goals of 5 and 6 DPSM, it makes it appear we have a severe crisis in SRA counties so they had no choice but to approve x-bows. I am amazed two commisioners voted against them. It should have been a unanous vote.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Next DD will tell us that Gary Alt was behind 9-11! This has been the end result of a relentless barrage of wining, dining, cajoling, schmoozing and I suspect some downright bribing of legislators by the crossbow manufacturers over many many years. It started while Alt was still crawling into bear dens.

The fact that the SRA harvest has been inadequate certainly hasn't helped but this is not about controlling deer numbers as much as it is about the politics of greed. I personally have heard Gary Alt express his distaste for the crossgun.

Tell us DD, does Gary Alt also know where the weapons of mass destruction are hidden?

Quick Reply: PA and crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.