Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Trout Opener? >

PA Trout Opener?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Trout Opener?

Old 04-14-2004, 05:41 PM

Default RE: PA Trout Opener?

Have fun all. I bet it will rain. I don't ever remember a year that it didn't rain on the opener, at least for the last 8 years or so.

My church has a pancake breakfast every year. Great pancakes, the best pork sausage I have ever had, and pure maple syrup. And then about 10 different homemade pies to finish off with.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:43 PM

IM going out, Ill probably go to Raven Creek and fish for some natives.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

There's nothing quite like hooking a fish and suddenly having 10 lines tossed tight into the same hole before you even get your fish out of the water.....
Isn't the opening day just beautiful. Most of the guys I know don't even head out until 3 in th afternoon.

Though the rain issue has been pretty consistant I think they are calling for sunny and temps in the low 70's....though rain in the late afternoon/overnight into Sunday.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

DL, I usually don't venture over to McKean Co. too often, but I've been wanting to fish Kinzua Creek and haven't yet. I've wet a line a time or two in Sugar Run though. PM me or send an email when you're in the area....we'll hook up and get some fishing in.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

Love to fish but I have never been to thrilled with the opening day of trout. It seems to bring out the best of the worst in some fisherman. Many discourteous guys trying to crowd you out and catch that 8" trophy before you do. Thay do not care if they are sitting in your back pocket and casting over your shoulder. JMHO.

Sincerly,

Burned by poor ethics.[&:][:'(]

I AM NOT BITTER []
Old 04-16-2004, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fair warning guys! Somewhere in Forest county at 8 AM 25 or so boy scouts will swoop down on a local stream with every intention of catching a trout. A lot of em only get to fish when someone other than a parent takes em. Beaver Run, the Branch and Salmon Creekl are on the most likely to mobbed list.

I will be spending the day rebuilding reels, helping kids empty water out of their boots, removing hooks from various objects they were not intended to impale, counting and recounting heads etc. T top off the day we'll go back to camp and try to choke down some trout cremated on an open fire.

Can't think or a better way to spend the opener
Old 04-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I don't think I'll be fishing the Branch, Salmon or Beaver Run, but it could happen. If I see a 'herd' of youngin's I'll look for the guy with the "Hook Removal Station" on his back and introduce myself! Have fun with those troops and good luck on those Brookies!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:04 AM

I have pretty much become a die hard fly fisherman. I hate the opening day of trout season in PA, to many people, to crazy. With that said I grew up in PA and havnt missed an opening day of trout in 20 years, being only 25 years old thats alot of years for me. Even though I hate it, I cant see breaking the streak now, it will be the one time of year to break out the the power bait and night crawlers and get back to my roots. And even know it will be a mad house out there i'm sure I will will get excited at 7:59 anticipating that first cast. We PA boys take our trout pretty seriously, 2 years ago a guy pulled a gun on my buddy over a fishing spot on opening day!!! Hopefully I will be able to stick a couple of those stockies and get home unscathed.........
Old 04-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it's 7:46 AM on Saturday, and I'm sitting in front of my computer at work. I just gave a wakeup call to all my (hungover) buddies that were campin out last night by the stream. Man I wish I could be there! Then again. I'm the one w/out a headache this morning!
Old 04-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Caught 24 rainbows today at twin lakes in westmoreland county on Joe's Flies, the best trout lure there is!!! i then headed to the stream at about 630 and managed to choke one in on some powerbait... biggest of the day was a 17 and 1/2 inch hookjaw rainbow

How did you all fair on the opener???

Quick Reply: PA Trout Opener?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.