Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

anti,s

Old 03-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default anti,s

we need to stop complaing about not seeing deer or about our perticular game commission and put are sights on these anti groups that want to stop hunting and fishing.go to www.all-creatures.org/cash and see what were up against i'am a fellow hunter&fisherman i didn't like what i read thats going on
Old 03-09-2004, 07:15 AM

Default RE: anti,s

These people are downright nuts. Quote from their site:

"We do not think of animals in the wild as "meat," but rather feeling (sentient) beings who deserve to, and desire to, live out their lives. But rather, we believe like Alice Walker that "Animals are not there for us any more than women are there for men."

You might find the book, "The Sexual Politics of Meat" by Carol J. Adams interesting; or the book," Animal Equality: Language and Liberation" by Joan Dunayer. Many women writers, such as Aphra Behn, Mary Shelley, and Alice Walker, have contributed works that challenge the sexual politics of meat. Some of the other websites you might want to look at include..."

These people lack any fundamental experience with wild places/things. The ONLY true conservationists are sportsmen.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coockoo...Coockoo...
Old 03-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I posted them the following: sorry bout the typos

I really would like to know how the hunters are the extremists. I don’t understand your logic. Hunters far outnumber anti-hunters and we do not violate other people’s rights. People of your nature constantly violate the rights of law abiding hunters and you use rhetoric and jargon to trick weak minded people into supporting your cause. The person that tries to take away the rights of the majority is the extremist not the other way around. You are calling hunters who simply abide by the law and attempt to preserve their heritage and constitutional rights extremists. You are blinded by your convictions.

Your accident: Although it seems to be a horrible and extremely dangerous activity with outrageous numbers of deaths and injuries the truth is just the opposite. You conveniently offer no other activity as an example to compare results with. In a government study it was found that Hunting as a recreational activity fell just behind Table Tennis in terms of Injuries per hour of participation. The fact is more people die each year riding 3 wheelers, Playing on jet ski’s, Down hill skiing, and many other “acceptable” recreational activities.

Why aren’t you fighting to abolish wolves and coyotes rights to pursue game and hunt? Often times people of your persuasion claim that humans shouldn’t hunt because they can eat other meats that are supplied to them through wholesale slaughter of caged animals. Is there a double standard stating that only certain animals have the right to hunt and satisfy their natural instincts. If so, where so you draw the line? Do you create an IQ index and anything below the cut off line gets to hunt but the others must abstain based on their ability to gather food using alternative measures. What about mentally handicapped humans? Can they hunt because they don’t “know better”?

You really don’t have a logical point. You are just appealing to peoples sympathy for a living creature. The only difference between steaks at the super market and venison is the deer had a chance to escape in a natural, fair chase environment while the cow was produced for the slaughter.

Unless you do not food of any kind you are a hypocrite. Thousands of animals are killed every year do to habitat loss to make fields to grow crops. Many animals are killed furing the harvest of these crops.
Animals die and there is a natural chain of life. You are disrupting that chain and your suggestions would create a massive imbalance in the worlds ecosystem.

I see you have a lot of articles on your site discussing the ways to feed wildlife. The fact of the matter is you are doing these animals an injustice unless you plan to feed them for the rest of their natural life. Please consult any wildlife biologist and they will tell you that feeding wild animals is detrimental to their vary existence. That is why there are laws against. But I don’t see you trying to abolish those rules.

I guess this could go on for ever and we can probably contradict each other until our fingers are swollen but this sums it . You are basing your beliefs on sympathetic and uneducated opinions. Sport by definition would be a person who hunts for the sole purpose of enjoyment. What about the fare that the prey provides that hunter. What about the responsibility to the prey to use our superior intellect to manage and protect them from overpopulation and die off.
I respect your commitment to a cause its just a shame you don’t devote your energy to a worthy one. There are far more constructive things to invest your time in. There are people who need your help and you choose to support a wild animal that is meant to live on its own and die at the hands of Mother Nature, be it to attrition or predation. You are an interfering person by nature and don’t know when to stay out of other people business.
If you keep up with current events im am sure you have heard of the massive die off of Elk in Wyoming. I am willing to bet that your group did not donate any time or money into helping the find the cause of these deaths. In the end you are looking out for the animals right? That is a totally worthy cause, but you wont help because it doesn’t serve you.
C.A.S.H. is a self serving, bleeding heart hypocrisy without any merit in relation to realistic world events. You are preying on the rights of the masses and you will waste many a day and dollar on your fruitless and empty efforts to take peoples rights from them.

Sincerely,
Scott Haynes Dawson
Old 03-13-2004, 07:06 AM
Host of Hosts

WOW ! Nuts is an understatement. Where do these people come from?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:13 AM

Yes they are nuts,

But remember 1 important thing.

While you may be debating over which gun or bow to use, or where the best spot to hunt is located...

They are out spewing their emotional lies in an attempt to try and convince your neighbors to side against hunting.

Which is why it is important to be active in the fight against any threats to hunting that they may make.

Please support the effort to stop anti hunter activity in Maine.

http://www.samcef.org/bear_referendum_information.htm
Old 03-15-2004, 06:40 AM

I wish I could write in here what I really thought about these people, but I'm not gonna fill up the screen with swear words cuz some kids might be reading this.
These people are insane. I would like to know what they think they would accomplish by stopping hunting. Don't they realize that by hunting animals it helps them? So they don't become overpopulated and die a slow and aggonizing death from startvation or disease.
Oh, and I'm sure these people would just love it if there were more deer around so that they can hit more with their cars and curse them for that.
These people are just nuts, and I hope they never get what they are trying to.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

I just attended a seminar with Michael Waddell. I thought he summed it up best when he said that while in Vegas at the SHOT Show, he saw 2 men engaged in a kiss. He said no one seemed to mind, but he recieved alot of stares and scowls simply because he simply had on camo. Waddell asked "When did our society become so mixed up that it is acceptable for 2 men to lip lock in public, but it's not alright for me to hunt or wear camo in public?"

Slice
Old 03-16-2004, 09:12 PM

The anti hunters are being used by a larger group the anti gun. As long as it is legal to hunt they will not be able to take our guns. Have you noticed all the shooting clubs under attack for noise pollution or polluting the enviroment with lead even though studies prove them wrong they still try to take away our uses for guns. The animal rights jerks do not even know they are being used for this. Save the pretty animals then we will get the guns I think its easier to get support to save bambi then take our shotguns but it will all come to the same end if we let it, an unarmed country. So everytime you see someone fighting to stop a hunting season for anything from doves to mountain lions look who supports it in the backround it,s the anti-gun jerks. Thats why hunters have to stick together to maintain all hunting, each season we loose puts us that much closer to loosing our guns. Thats how I see it anyway.
GTK
Old 03-17-2004, 04:01 AM

remmber we have laws against this. we as being " law abiding " sportsman. all 50 states has laws that protect us. i am glad that sometimes i hunt with a police officer. but that is one reason why i carry a cell phone and a camera.

maybe they should look into how dangerous skimobiling is. there are far more fatalities in that past time sport than hunting. is that gonna be next.

since i live in MA. i have not ran into any anti's that either spook the deer and do drives to scare them off or bother me or my truck when parked.
now if i felt threatened in the woods and confronted by several in the woods ( which has happened to my second cousin ) it was not a " walk in the park " he got harrassed and almot felt like he was gonna get attacked. i would call the cops and like i said if i felt like i was gonna be harmed well that would be a differant story.
i just cannot belive they are attacking fishing now. isn't that's why we have i certain aount of a catch a day? if it came to being harrassed while fly fishing what will be next? ( i wish i could carry a small hadngun for this like this ).

it seems to be ashame. that is has come down to this. but like i said i never see or hear anything in the GOAL or NRA mags in my state of MA. it is just truly horrible.

but guys we have laws that protect us from being attacked or just being harrassed in the woods. it is good to see laws like this to help us out.

Quick Reply: anti,s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.