Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Baiting

Old 02-10-2002, 07:22 AM

Default Baiting

Did you read the baiting article that C.J. Winand wrote for the new Bowhunter magazine? It broke the issue down well and gave both the pros and cons. The cons include the spreading of diseases by congregating deer and the privatization of deer to a good bait site, as it would draw deer away from natural areas and hurt a non-baiters chances in doing so. The pros included being able to watch more wildlife and the safety factor of remaining stationary and shooting downward. He concluded that we need better rules to regulate baiting and that we as hunters must be watchful that we do not harm the resource with our hunting methods. We don’t want outsiders having to step in. As you know Pa. is considering allowing the use of baiting to draw deer from areas off limits to hunting in an effort to control the deer numbers in these areas. They state that it is better we do the harvesting than let the non-hunting public get accustomed to non-hunting methods like snipers. It may also force the perfection of birth control methods that would not be in our best interest.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Baiting

Funny how crossbows will cut down on the archery season, but allowing baiting to kill more deer then normally would be harvested won't hurt the archer.........hmmmmmmmm
could it be that some hunters are too inept to kill a deer that they need to rely on this unsporting tactic? Better start hold an emergency meeting of the UBP, start a letter writing campaign..slander anyone that would dare think of using a bait bucket!!!
Maybe baiting should only be allowed for handicapped hunters???
NO XBAIT!!!!!!
Baiting is for fat,lazy slob hunters that don't wish to put the effort forth to learn to real hunt. Any kid or women can hunt without it. All it takes is a little practice!
JUST SAY NO TO BAIT!!!
Edited by - Ledgen LS on 02/10/2002 08:53:45

Edited by - Ledgen LS on 02/10/2002 08:56:45
Old 02-10-2002, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Baiting is legal in WV, where I own a farm. I tried it years ago, and found that it didn't help unless you put tons of time in. By the time you baited for a month prior to the season...and baited through the season...you put more damn work in that scouting normally.

JMO
Old 02-10-2002, 09:29 AM
ARO

ledgen,
i am neither fat,lazy,or a slob. and the fact of the matter is, if you hunt a field, next to oak trees, or near a feeder, what is the difference? your hunting a food source.
i can tell you have never humped a 50# bag of corn a mile back into the woods, by your comments.
ARO

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...hanesmith.html
Old 02-10-2002, 10:32 AM

ARO I did not intend to demean any law abideing sportsman from a state other than Pa. Rather my intentions were dircted straight at the ban of UBP members ( mostly kids) that continue to post how crossbows if legal in Pa would end all archery hunting. and only a fat lazy slob would use that techique as a hunting method. yet their self elected guru Mhogan promotes baiting in Pa. and has quite often on another site asked for it outright, under an alias. Amazing how he can only see no fault in what it is he has a like belief in...isn't it?
where legal now I have no problems with it ( baiting)
Old 02-10-2002, 11:07 AM

I can't see where I took a position on baiting.

Anyone else have an opinion on baiting either pro or con?
Old 02-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ledgen,So you decided to go off topic and ruin the guys thread because your in a bad mood or what?
Old 02-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2002, 12:49 PM

Just another tactic,could care either way.If it brings deer numbers down to acceptable levels and keeps the non-hunting public from being concerned thats just a bonus,
Old 02-10-2002, 01:40 PM

Hogie, in the 2 yrs or so i've seen your name on this an Bowsite you HAVE stsated many times your desire to have baiting legal in some areas. you may be able to play on the fence with the kids but there are many of the silent majority that do remember, nor will we allow others to forget.

Edited by - Christine B on 02/11/2002 11:26:55

Quick Reply: Baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.