Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Here's something we can all agree on.. >

Here's something we can all agree on..

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Here's something we can all agree on..

Old 01-13-2004, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Here's something we can all agree on..

Thats wrong cougars should not be in the northeast. If they do then we will just have to hunt them.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:41 PM

Well thats 1 way to control the deer population. Oh yea I think it sucks and it wont happend. Put one of these asses in a pen with a cougar and see if he changes his mind.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: mikej92280

Put one of these asses in a pen with a cougar and see if he changes his mind.
That is a real intelligent post, way to learn and debate[:@][:@][:@]

Maybe we should put you in a cage with a 400lb 6'5" crack dealer
Old 01-14-2004, 06:21 AM

"Did you ever hear of a little thing called responsibility. Would you take your 2 year old to the shopping mall and just turn him/her loose? Would you take your 2 year old to the lake and say have fun swimming, mom and I will be back in a couple of hours?"

Are you a parent? If you are, then you realize no one can watch your kid 24/7. And, judging by what occured in Calif., you could be five feet away from your kid with a baseball bat and it wouldn't deter a cougar.

"You make it sound as if cougars only want to eat one thing humans?"

No, only the easiest food source available.

"You must have better arguments then these, do you see humans so high on the scale that we can play God and decide what goes where, when, how?"

For better or for worse, yes.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:52 AM

MikeE51848

Yes I am a parent have been for some time now. My point is when you take your family into a dangerous or unknown area do you just turn them loose? My answer is NO, I have gone camping many many times with my family, even when my children were very young(new). I also like to camp in private areas(were others don't go) not the big camp site locations. While I am there I have to do something it's called take responsibilty for me and my own. I don't go to these places and turn my back on my kids, if we go for a walk then they stay with us, not ahead, or behind, but with us. Once again responsibility.

The one and only true argument that I can see would come from farmers that are worried about their live stock. This crap about all cats being big bad killers is bull sh**. What the heck is going on with todays way of thinking, protect me from this, protect me from that, what the he** happened to taking care of ourselfs? Nature is not some fantasy out of a "winnie the pooh book", it is not ment to be for humans only, otherwise it would just be another park in the middle of a city. These cats do have a place in the natural world and should have the right to live there. You want to control something start with humans we are allready so over populated we can't feed our own. We have destoryed countless acres of land just so we could have a fast food joint, and another damn shopping mall. We destroy wood lands so we can have another cute little piece of furniture, we polute our water ways etc...I'm not saying some things are not needed but do we really need all the sh** we have? Instead of screwing with nature maybe we should look in the mirror and take a good hard look at what the real problem is. Our population as gone from 4billion too over 6.5 billion in less then 20 years at this rate we will be at 12 billion in no time, which is estimated to be our max. When do we start playing God with our own species and stop screwing up all the other species?
Old 01-14-2004, 09:49 AM

I am undecided on this one, first I think it would be awesome to see one in the wild. On the other hand I think livestock would suffer from it.

Good thing Im not in charge [:-]