Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 South Jersey Monster Buck (PIC) >

South Jersey Monster Buck (PIC)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

South Jersey Monster Buck (PIC)

Old 01-08-2004, 07:01 PM

Default RE: South Jersey Monster Buck (PIC)

JWK,

Thanks very much for the thorough response to my question. The wooded area of your hunting ground sounds pretty similar to ours, although our fields are only about 50 acres. I want to get some food plots planted this spring, but we'll still have a lot of gaps in our so called "program" (not enough does being killed, people don't avoid the sanctuaries, etc.).

From everything I've read about QDM, you guys are a textbook example of doing it all right. I'm happy for you and your group and I'll keep my eyes open over the coming years for more of those monster bucks. Keep up the good work!

Jim
Old 01-10-2004, 03:35 PM

All i have to say is BRAVO! That's an incredible deer, but i'ld have to say, the rest of your posts about the QDM takes me into awe. I'm so jealous now. lol.

For you guys to do all that work and stand by your rules is incredible. My hats are off for you guys. This is the way it should be. With the sanctuaries and only 2 days of hunting a week... I wish i could find a club or be lucky enough to find some private land to hunt. Ive been in a couple of clubs but they really sucked. There are the clicks, a million members, guys fighting about hunting in someones area, etc. Hell i just want to go out and enjoy the day in the woods and be lucky enough to get a deer. Maybe one day i'll find a club to join.

Well again, my hat is off to you and your club and i hope some clubs take after yours.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:11 PM

wojtowicza,

Thank You for the kind words. The ultimate key to our success is that We are not a club rather, we are three very good friends that really enjoy hunting and spending time with each other. So my recommendation is that you find someone who shares your passion for deer hunting and take it from there.

I have found in my experience (I have been hunting for nearly 30 years now) that Deer Hunting Clubs SUCK. I don't see how aanyone can get enjoyment from lining up 50-100 guys, push a piece of woods and shoot every deer with horns that passes by. FRANKLY THAT IS NOT HUNTING THAT IS KILLING FOR KILLING's SAKE.

JWK
Old 01-12-2004, 07:23 PM

wow thats a nice NJ buck
Old 01-13-2004, 08:55 PM

Great buck dude. I also hunt in south jersey and have seen a few bucks this year that were 2 1/2 and scored about 125. I let them walk. I took a 4 1/2 year old 7 point end of oct that was it for me. This is my second year of qdm and with some scouting plan on taking some of these big boys next year. I hunt a 500 acre farm. 200 fields 300 hardwoods. Im the only 1 with permission so it makes it a little easier to control what gets killed. Keep it up and good luck with your qdm and the rest of your season and many more good ones.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice. congrats!!
Old 01-27-2004, 03:55 PM

damn thats a nice buck..they is definately good work espicially being that patient by passin on bucks..good work