Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Deer kills woman in Delaware >

Deer kills woman in Delaware

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer kills woman in Delaware

Old 01-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Deer kills woman in Delaware

http://www.nbc10.com/news/2739074/detail.html
Old 01-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer kills woman in Delaware

We had one like this near here about 5-6 years ago. One car hit the deer and launched it into an oncoming car and killed the driver.

Nasty way to go.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing happened here in Harford County a number of years back. A buck went through the windshield of a pick-up and the guy driving was nearly kicked and gored to death by the deer. The deer escaped, but the guy wasn't expected to live. He did pull through though.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:54 AM

I saw that. A real shame.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now one of the kids died. it is a shame. Maybr prople will wake up and realize that deer are becoming a nuisance problem. Interfereing with driving and eating shrubbery and damaging property, yet sympathizers dont want any action taken against them. Wait until something happens to a friend or relative of theirs, then they will scream..
Old 01-04-2004, 05:36 PM

WOW that's quite sad. You said it right Ron!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

According to today's (mon Jan 5 ) paper the guy isn't making any improvements either. It is too bad, could happen to any of us with the deer populaation what it is. I use those deer whistles on my vehicles, I hope they work, might not have helped in this kind of situation whereby the deer was hit by another vehicle first. Stay Safe ....
Old 01-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a 22 yr former insurance adjuster, I handled thousands of "Deer Collision" claims. This is a very tragic 1st for me, and occured in the 1st state. No doubt a one in a million circumstance. Most injuries are sustained from side impact to a door glass being shattered by a bucks rack etc.

I wonder what all the Anti's up north are thinking after hearing this?
Old 01-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Two years ago this very same thing happened on the Baltimore/Washington Pkwy near the NASA property in Md where another woman was killed by the deer comeing through the windshield. I was hunting there that day and heard all the sirens and stuff but didn't know what happened till that night.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:13 PM

Sad stories but anything can happen. I was driving to work several years back on Rt 83 near the 17th or 19th street exit. Morning rush and a huge buck jumped out (kicked out by some rail workers) onto the highway. 1 jump in front of a Ryder truck and then lost its footing and went down in front of my pick-up doing 60mph. Thought it was over. Somehow I had the presence of mind to keep the tires away from the rack and maintained control of the truck after going airborn when I hit the deer. Almost peed myself after a 500 ft fight to get control and get to the side of the road. It was a shame. That buck was a wall hanger for sure. You just never know where or when.

Quick Reply: Deer kills woman in Delaware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.