Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Blinds in PA

Old 02-08-2002, 12:00 PM

Default Blinds in PA

I have a couple home made ladder stands that I hunt out of. Next year I'm gonna take my 4 then to be 5 year old daughter with me. I'm gonna make a larger platform and some safety rails around one or 2 of them so she can be comfortable and safe. I was also thinking of stapling some fabric around the rails to hide her movement, would this change this from a ladder stand to a blind. I wasn't sure about the regulations as far as deer blinds here in PA. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 02-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Blinds in PA

Deer blinds are legal in Pa. for deer .In the air or ground.I use one on the ground.You dont have to hang any orange outside of it either if your not bow hunting during a gun season
Old 02-09-2002, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you sure about that CD? This is a gray area for me.

I do know that "in the past" artificial ground blinds were not allowed for deer or turkey hunting. A person could construct a blind from "dead wood" material if I am not mistaken.

Last year the law was semi-repealed in that commercial blinds were then made legal for spring turkey hunting....though I never heard anything else about commercial blinds "ground or elevated" for deerhunting.

I would contact the game commission directly. Either through email or on the phone.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:17 AM

As long as the have a good seeing eye dog, it is okay.

I was also surprized to learn that blinds had only been illegal for turkeys in the past and they have always been legal for deer hunting. You can use one of those camo tents if you want. Why would they be any different that they guys that hunt from the little houses they call tree stands? Heater, cooler and a window for shooting. That's roughing it!
Old 02-09-2002, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not a turkey hunter,but I know the blinds are legal for deer.I had a gamewarden sit in mine last year for about a hour with me.I called him when that dummy shot that buck with a gun in bow season last year at Dicky Gears place.He checked things out and sat with me for a while.He ask if he could sit and just get some info on handicap hunting with x-bow and so forth.Nice guy,He was just new and said he wants to experience things in the field so he can do a better job.He thought the blind was cool.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:17 AM

Turkey blinds have been illegal in the past. I am about 99.99% sure that they changed that this year. I think this year you can hunt out of an artificial blind for turkey, no natural blind though. I believe you can you either a natural or artificial blind. I am not entirely sure of this, but I believe that I am correct.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 02-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can only use the blinds for turkey that you cannot see movement into from the outside, but the PGC has not clarified the statement yet. I even handed the officer our order book for him to OK blinds for us to sell, but no luck, so we're not handling any till they resolve this dilema.