Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Schuylkill County Report >

Schuylkill County Report

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Schuylkill County Report

Old 12-02-2003, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Schuylkill County Report

Last night I heard from my buddy up by Pitman, PA (near Hegins). He shot a 15 pointer yesterday. It had forked brow tines and G-2s. He said you could barely get your hands around the bases. This is farm country.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 12-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Schuylkill County Report

That sounds like a sweet buck[]. I have hunted up in that area with my family a number of times and they always seem to get some real nice bucks out of there. My family live in Shenadoah (sp). Its usually some really great hunting with a lot of activity. We usually hunt right near a coal mining strip and the deer feel safe there for some reason. But Hope to see pictures of that soon.

Brian
Old 12-02-2003, 07:32 AM

Every year they get beautys out of Schuylkill County. Up north by ashland, shenadoah, minersville, and tremont. Also Pine Grove is another good place thats where I spend most of my time. If you ever get here to hunt blackwood is the place to be for huge buck but it gets hunted hard. Everyone goes there and every year they pull monsters out of there.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where is Blackwood? My family hunts in Shenadoah area in the coal mining strips. We usually go what THEY call the Heights and pass a cemetary to get to this place. Don' t know the name of it but its usually great hunting and a lot of fun.

Brian
Old 12-02-2003, 07:43 AM

Blackwood is about 8 miles square between pottsville and pine grove. Towns surrounding it are minersville, tremont, ravine. I know where you are talking about and yes thats good hunting up there too. Blackwood is about the same old strip mines, ravines all that good stuff. All of schuylkill county is about the same
Old 12-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

This buck was taken from Pitman. It' s near Lavelle, not too far from route 901. His farm is also a pheasant preserve so they have lots of food plots and cover as well as farm crops and wood lots. This is the same area that the same guy got a big 10-pointer a few years ago. Every year they get some big, corn-fed monsters.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 12-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Schuylkill, The area I was talking about got I think 2-3 years ago a beautiful 9 pointer that they said would score in the 150 and were after a huge 12 typical that the coal miner workers saw on a regular basis that would blow that 9 pointer away but never heard of that one being taken. There are some really great hunting in those coal mines.

Thanks

Brian
Old 12-02-2003, 04:02 PM

schuylkill- i hunt on the other side of blackwood- in indian run always big bucks.

wulff
Old 12-03-2003, 02:53 AM

Yeah that area is a great peice of land, hows your season going so far. I saw 1 doe on the first day. There wasnt too much shooting down where I was, there was alot up on the mountains though. I was hunting in the swatara state park.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Born and raised in Minersville.........know the area well, and nope, the hunting really stinks........everyone stay home.

Quick Reply: Schuylkill County Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.