Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters-Favorite Co. to hunt?? >

PA Hunters-Favorite Co. to hunt??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters-Favorite Co. to hunt??

Old 11-26-2003, 03:31 PM

Default PA Hunters-Favorite Co. to hunt??

Hey guys,
This will be my 14th opening day in the Pa woods. Almost had a big scare that I couldnt get off work this year, but I pulled it off, I havent missed one yet and dont plan on it. I live in SE Pa (Delaware Co.) I do most of my archery hunting in berks/chester county. I have spent all of my rifle season opening days in the poconos(Monroe County). I work in an outdoor store and everyone seems to be heading to either Tioga or Potter county these days. Ironically, this year I have an invite up to Tioga Co for the first three days. I was just wondering where everyones fav. county was to be sitting on that monday after thanksgiving. Good luck on monday.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Hunters-Favorite Co. to hunt??

Good Lord willing I will be in Clinton County on Beech Creek Mountain , next to Sproul state forest.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:47 PM

1. McKean County
2. Beaver County

I have spent approx. the last 20 years in McKean county (Eldred) for the first few days of buck season, after that my home county of Beaver is my 2nd favorite. Regardless of the opening day results, McKean County will always be my favorite. The family spends much time reminiscinging about past hunts, even though the stories are the same year after year. The camorodity of the entire trip makes for a great deer season, even if we don' t get any deer, which I am happy to say has never happened.

Old 11-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been hunting Somerset Co. for about 12 years.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:41 PM

I have only had the opportunity to hunt in Warren.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Spike

Lancaster county,
Old 11-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a poconos guy too. I love it up there. Monroe or Pike and I am a happy hunter. Except this year as I can' t get up there do to an accident

Brian
Old 11-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

McKean since i was 12 , this will be my 4th year up
Old 11-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. McKean County
2. Beaver County

I have spent approx. the last 20 years in McKean county (Eldred) for the first few days of buck season, after that my home county of Beaver is my 2nd favorite. Regardless of the opening day results, McKean County will always be my favorite. The family spends much time reminiscinging about past hunts, even though the stories are the same year after year. The camorodity of the entire trip makes for a great deer season, even if we don' t get any deer, which I am happy to say has never happened.
Well.... I' ve been going to McKean for just as long, but I was just a little tyke then. Lady Bow Hunter hit the nail on the head with this one.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Fork Horn

Bradford County since I was 15 near State Gamelands 36

Quick Reply: PA Hunters-Favorite Co. to hunt??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.