HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   well, im headed for the mountains (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/44079-well-im-headed-mountains.html)

LightningTim 11-23-2003 06:53 AM

well, im headed for the mountains

i am leaving in about an hour for romney, wv to meet my father who already went to set-up camp. he has already seen a handful of nice bucks in all the places where we usualy hunt so i think we will have success. i will be back on friday to prepare for the MD season. have ablast guys.

Good luck, shoot straight, go deep, hunt hard, bring out the big one!!!

pahunter15 11-23-2003 07:15 AM

RE: well, im headed for the mountains

sounds fun have a great time and i hope you get one

DougMD 11-23-2003 08:52 AM

I' m heading to my place in WV in about an hour myself. Good luck fellas! Stay safe....

JeramyK 11-23-2003 09:57 AM

Good luck guys. Hope to hear some good success stories. :)

LightningTim 11-28-2003 09:01 PM

well, i got a nice little 8 pt. on openiong morning. will post pics later, but then i got a big 130 lb. doe and a small little " suitcase" sized button buck. i had a great week, lotta fun in camp. anyone else have any luck??

i start the md season early in the morning so wish me luck, im going after that big 8 pt that got away twice during bow season!!

DougMD 11-29-2003 06:03 PM

Well,

I saw one deer opening morning (Grant County, near Pendleton and Hardy counties), didn' t hunt the afternoon except for the porch of the cabin due to rain. Then I saw about 14 on Tuesday morning in a better spot. I let a 4 pointer walk because we only shoot 6 or better. I also let a bunch of does walk, and my buddy got a doe. No sightings of any keeper bucks! Next year, I may have to lift the point rule because the neighbors blast whatever they see, and 5 years of letting small ones walk is showing no results. I hope WV adopts Pennsylvania' s point restrictions so we' ll have more nice ones around...

I hunted Maryland this morning and saw 4 does. My buddies there also saw a few does each. Again, no nice bucks to speak of! I haven' t fired a shot with bow or gun this year. Oh well, I still had fun and it' s not over yet...

445 supermag 12-02-2003 07:21 AM

Congrats to you on your trip. Sounds like you had a great trip. You also have your freezer full for the winter. Good eating HMMMM!!

Congrats

Brian

DougMD, Keep at it and hope you are more sucessful the next time.

Brian

Mr. Longbeard 12-03-2003 02:30 PM

First year in 25 years of deer hunting that I never even seen a deer opening day of Md rifle season. (Western Md public land) Also the first year I never killed a deer in western Md. Luck for me I aquired some Private property. Needless to say,I put two nice bucks in the dirt with the bow. thank God for private property!!!!!!